Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flat spot no power.

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Hey there all. I recently noticed a little problem with my 02 VY commodore. While sitting behind a car on the freeway doing 100km the car in front decided to slow down. I decided to merge to the next lane. NOW THE PROBLEM. Once I was merging I put my foot down to take off and the car sort of did nothing, the car seemed to just cruise at the same speed and no response in the revs. After about 3 seconds and another few inches on the pedal the car seemed to jolt back then accelerate. Is this 3 second lag or "flat spot" normal the car also does this on hard take offs. I have done some upgrades to car (cold air intake, extractors, 100CPI high flow cat, two half inch catback exhaust). I have changed spark plugs but not leads the car hasn't been tuned but oil and coolent has been drained and bled and refilled as well as new oil filter. Any help in this would be great as I don't really want to have the issue again.

Cheers all.

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
Is it an auto? What you describe might be the transmission 'kicking down' a gear, if that's what it is, it's perfectly normal.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
If its auto, yeah you need to move the throttle a fair way before it will kick down to get moving. Or at 100 to the floor to drop it to second. They are old dinosaurs the 4L60e transmissions.

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Hey there yeah it's an auto and cheers for the help to all