Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flat spot on take off

slepperVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS
hi there, i just changed the oil and filters in the engine and gearbox. now i when i go to take off the engine lags heaps and shakes heaps and coughs and splatters, does anyone know what it could be?

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Did you disconnect the batt at all? if you did give it a couple of days for the ecu to reset itself an it should settle down. if not i have no idea.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Did you put the correct transmission fluid into the Gearbox (I assume it's auto) and is it at the correct amount?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Did you have the leads off? If so did you replace them in the right places? 2 it just may be a lead? As i had kind of the same prob a while back id try to put the foot down and she would splutter and jolt,(you may think this is a joke) i rang a very good mate of mine who works for summit holden on my mobile and he told me to rev it as he listend to my car via a nokia mobile phone, from the other end of the phone beleive it or not he said i had a stuffed lead,and to top it off he said it would be the longest or the shortest of the six (he was rite on it was the shortest lead(i replaced 1 lead and the car was back to norm) not that this may be your prob? But you never know untill you give it a go cheeers and good luck