Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flexfuel E85 on a MY15 VF Series 1

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Does anyone know if the VF Series 1 (MY15) has the Flexfuel sensor install but disabled, or if the wiring loom is still there to add one.
My engine tuner can easily enable the sensor (Which is currently disabled), but I need to know if the sensor can be added easily, and can someone also point out where the sensor is normally located.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I believe the flex fuel sensor in mounted on the fuel tank. Conceptually easy to install. The sensor has three wires, +12V, engine ground and a signal wire (sending fuel temperature and % alcohol content to ecu on the one signal wire). But wiring it up can be a bugger since it's highly likely Holden removed these wires from vehicles that didn't come with Flex fuel included.

A wrecking yard is your friend here... should be cheap second hand and you may be able to pull the wiring as well. Ebay can also be ok, see here.

As a last note, if Holden didn't include a FF sensor, they could have also used cheaper parts within the fuel supply system/engine which may not be E85 compatible.

Heck, i've read FF fuel pumps are different to non FF pumps. The FF pumps have more headroom since they need to send up to 20%? more fuel to the engine.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
factory engines on flex have a bigger pump and injectors, if u have done mods or even stock check your injector duty cycle if its 70% already i wouldnt go ethanol till u upgrade the injectors and or pump to suit

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
AFAIK all V8s in S1 are L77(not HSV) flex-fuel compatible and are enabled. Not sure about V6 though.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
For some reason flex fuel got dropped in the MY15 series 1 V8’s.
I have heard that nothing changed with the cars except that they don’t support flex fuel.