Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flippin Roo's !!!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Anyone here hit one before ?

I had my first experience with one last night on the freeway of all places !!!

Someone else had all of the bad luck infront of me and knocked skippy over, but I couldn't avoid hitting the carcass as I was changing lanes at the time I saw it and any swerving to avoid it would have sent me off the verge of the road... all I could do was hang on and hit it. Man did it thump when I hit it... I thought there goes my front end, bumper and sill panel.

Doing 110 on 2 wheels with the passenger side airborne wasn't much fun... but it was better than swerving and lossing it sideways on the median strip and rolling it. :ranting:

Luckily I escaped unscathed with no damage thanks to the good ol 4wd Calais suspension ! :p... But poor skippy!!!! he would have been a mess after I jumped over him... I saw the bloke that hit him parked further down the road as I was doing my Dukes of Hazzard 2 wheel airborne impersonation manuveour passed him. I think he was walking back to check it out...

kasem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ex cop car
my old man cliped one with his vs statesman, the whold side of the car looked like a crinkle cut chip!! the roo kept spinning and fuked it bumper to bumper..
insurance didnt beleve him, even with the roo blood and fur stuck in the panels..

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
worst i've done is flatten a ****ie, and because i tend to ' feel ' each wheel i felt the thump in my left leg for ages afterward was a group of three, two flew the last on kind of stood there on the narrow back sticks road, i wasn't going to swerve and i so it bit the bullet... or tire. was lucky it didn't go flat on me.

Mr Squishi

Need Beer.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN SS (Auto)
I haven't hit anything yet, but a friend of mine hit a roo at 80 and wrecked his bike

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
My old man hit one with his '72 XY Falcon at about 103 km/h quite a few years back now while we were driving through country Victoria about 2am on the way to South Australia. Keeping in mind these cars are built like tanks, he kept on driving for about 10 mins after the incident as it didnt feel like it did any damage at all till the car started to over heat and we pulled over. It didnt do alot of damage but it did enough and lucky for us it was on its way down from a jump otherwise it would have ended up in the back seat.

Dented the bonnet downwards, bent the bumper which in turn cracked the grille and busted up the radiator... Needless to say his old man wasnt happy when he got the phone call at that time of the morning to organise a mate of his to bring a tow truck to pull us in to town which was 100km out :p

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
my old man cliped one with his vs statesman, the whold side of the car looked like a crinkle cut chip!! the roo kept spinning and fuked it bumper to bumper..
insurance didnt beleve him, even with the roo blood and fur stuck in the panels..

I would have gone and gotten the carcass and walked into their head office and slammed the thing down on the front desk along with claim form...probabaly wouldnt work but you'd be giving the girl behind the desk a story to tell for the rest of her life

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Had one bounce right at the rh headlight then over the bonnet and his legs clipped the roof. No damage, I saw him and slowed right down. He even had the good sense to wait for the 2 cars that were in front of me. If I was going faster he would have bounced off the roof I reckon.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
I got pretty lucky when i hit a little roo at about 90-100 missed all the lights and bent up the panel beneath the bumper in my old '91 lancer which i pulled off the front tyre and finished my trip then belted it back into shape with a rubber mallet and you could hardly see the evidence and the lill bugger kept going

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I never hit one but I really can't imagine how scary it would be. I mean a kangaroo is quite a big animal!!