Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flowmaster super 44's or cherry bomb glass pack muffler?

Slaya777

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 2008
Hey all, I'm new here and don't really know that much about cars.. But I want a new exhaust system, that will be really loud and have a deep rumble type sound. Which would be best, a flowmaster super 44 muffler or a cherry bomb glasspack muffler? Please answer, I would appreciate it. Thanks

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
You will can not get a loud and deep rumble from the alloytec. It'll be loud and raspy. Do everybody around you a favour and keep your exhaust noise down, most V6's sound horrible.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, you'll never get that V8 loud rumbling type exhaust noise from a V6 because of the way the firing order is.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Which would be best, a flowmaster super 44 muffler or a cherry bomb glasspack muffler?

If you put glass packs of those on a V6 I will drive to Victoria and stab you in the eye ;)

It will be the single WORST possible sound you will have ever heard from a car, even V8's with just glass packs sound terrible.

Everyone on the road will hate you, everyone on the road will laugh at you, and you will never ever ever ever get a single compliment about your exhaust note.

The Holden 6's are near impossible to pull a decent note from, it will be one long droney buuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noise.

If you reaaaaally want a louder exhaust with a bit of note you can go an off the shelf catback system with front and rear mufflers which will make it sounds a little deeper and a little louder, without making everyone you drive past want you dead.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Get a couple of factory V8 mufflers and bolt them on, it will be a touch louder and deeper. You will only get a deep rumbly note on idle, as soon as the revs get up, all V6's get raspy and higher pitched, especially the alloytec.

Cherry bomb mufflers are ****. Restrictive, terrible sounding and drone like a bastard.

Slaya777

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 2008
Thanks for the answers. But are you guys saying ANY exhaust system I put on a v6 will sound ****?? There are heaps of vids on YouTube of v6's with a super 44 muffler and they sound awesome??? :)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Exhaust note is subjective, some people will like a certain note, others won't.

Make sure you listen to a VE V6 with those mufflers though, the alloytec in the VZ sounds different too because of the way the exhaust is set up.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Like I said, subjective. To me, that sounds horrible.

Slaya777

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 2008
Haha serious? Maybe because I've never had a custom exhaust system, so I don't know what's good and what's bad?