Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flushing fuel tank + Tint

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Ok guys i bought a vl for $1500 :) It has had about $6000 worth of work done to it and in that paper work it says they have put a new fuel tank in it but i dont know if its new or second hand the main problem is theres **** in the tank because i replaced the filter and the petrol in the old one was just brown blacky dirt just wondering if anyone knows a nice easy way to flush it, We have a general idea..

And for the tint went for a road worthy they told me to take it all off i got to the rear window and yeah very hard to do with the demister **** on it and i cant peel it off cause its to old anyone know an easy way or how much it would cost to get someone to do it ??? thx

macdee

your local "Hoon"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
call up premier tint! they will do it for about $50! but they cant promise that they wont ruin your dimister! hardly unlikely but!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
very common that it will root the demister. have you checked that it works in the first place?
Might be easier to get hold of a secondhand rear screen and chuck that in. chances are it needs rust work done around the rear screen so itll have to come out anyway. Just another option.

drop your fuel tank out. take the pump out, and slosh it and empty the crap. repeat with a cup or two of petrol over and over til it is clean.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
vlv8vic said:
very common that it will root the demister. have you checked that it works in the first place?
Might be easier to get hold of a secondhand rear screen and chuck that in. chances are it needs rust work done around the rear screen so itll have to come out anyway. Just another option.

drop your fuel tank out. take the pump out, and slosh it and empty the crap. repeat with a cup or two of petrol over and over til it is clean.

Yeah, I agree that is the best way to clean the crap out of it. Also when you put it back in makesure you replace the filter also.