Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fluted Bonnet for VY Monaro?

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
Ye I have searched for this item but this is an odd issue.

So the bonnet is ready to be picked up from Holden, went down with the cash and was told that unless I change the guards the bonnet will over hang by 10mm. First I have heard of it and the search turned up bugger all.

Has anyone heard of this?

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
possible, since the monaro is a complete diff chassie than the normal commodore

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
if the VY is a series 1 im pretty sure it wouldnt, a series 2 monaro should fit considering all VY series 2 were the base for the VZ. Only thing i can think of is the gaurds were tweek to allow sleek fitment of the vents in the VZ series. Considering its Holden telling you this id believe it. Wouldnt see why theyd have the wrong info

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
if the VY is a series 1 im pretty sure it wouldnt, a series 2 monaro should fit considering all VY series 2 were the base for the VZ. Only thing i can think of is the gaurds were tweek to allow sleek fitment of the vents in the VZ series. Considering its Holden telling you this id believe it. Wouldnt see why theyd have the wrong info

Mine is a series 2 VY and I agree that should only need minor tweaking.

W45H1NGT0N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
they'd tell u the wrong info so u'd spend more money there on new guards. they like misinforming people so they spend more money. Go in for a regular 100K service and spend 3000 for **** that wasnt even broken. its the age old story of DONT DEAL WITH DEALERSHIPSCOS THERE STUPID.

Not having a go at anyone just my two cents :p