Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Flying to sydney on monday, driving my new car back :D

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
its not hard to get sleepy on that highway. take ya ipod with a radio transmitter attached to it, they work a lot better in the country than the city. or get some cd's. have some water in the cab with ya, it can be a fair hike between servo's. try not to overdose on energy drinks too many of them make ya crook in the guts. if u get sleepy hop out for a bit, have a stretch etc

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
:) yeah, hopefully Ill get most the driving out of the way before dark. I think the cars got the stock tape player lol so no cds.
those energy drinks just make me sleepy unless i'm moving around a lot.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
damn, no cd player. trust me if you've got an ipod and a radio transmitter it will be worth its weight in gold. assuming the fm radio still works

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
You don`t need to do it in one go.
But if you are like me pumped up with a new toy and a new adventure and trip U will be find.
Me 12hrs to blue mountains from brisbane.
2 packs on fags and a lot of music and a short break.
It`s good to stop for a wee and walk around.
I`ll be waiting for the ride pics.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
goodluck with it mate but yeah this is a pretty small journey, did adel to syd over newyears in my executive, loved it. watch out for truck drivers, had one run me off the road which totalled the clip on my muffler had to repair it with the help of a local servo in a town which let me use their tools.

It seem's like a huge trip the first time but like minux is saying its not difficult, so dont get psyched out, and have some goddam fun, if you can go through teh blue mountains theres some amazing sights up there, i fell in love with them (comments about the girls hooked up with there another time) plenty of decent nightclubs there, checkout panthers in penrith if your feeling up to it.

NSW cops have nothing on the anal-ness of SA cops, but dont take that as an excuse to do anything stupid, stick to the road rules, you dont need to prove anything, show off or test the car above legal limits.

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
im surpised no one has suggested this yet. ontop of the road side assist dont forget to get your insurance sorted before you drive home.

dont forget the roads will all be unknown and if you end up driving at night big chance of a roo jumping in front of you. trust me you dont want to be driving your new car home and over look the importance of insurance just to have a roo jump out and damage it or write it off.

But sydney is nto that far really liek minux has said your not going across the desert so just get roadside assist and enjoy the drive. good luck.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
i dunno if anyone suggested this bcuz i cbfd reading half the comments but if its a casette player
go to jb hi fi and get a cassette-ipod conecter
itds a cassette with a cord coming out of it and plugs into ur ipod i had a few but gave em all to my mates
they work great.