Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

foglights

blewy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
hey, im looking at getting foglights for my VY S II and just wondering if anyone knows any good places to get it done in melbourne?Also what do you think it would cost for the whole installment process?
thanks for your help

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Just buy the lights from holden and fit yourself. I think they are about $120 each but don't quote me. You might need a different headlight switch too that supports the foglights. Not sure on that either.

blewy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
Just buy the lights from holden and fit yourself. I think they are about $120 each but don't quote me. You might need a different headlight switch too that supports the foglights. Not sure on that either.
thanks for that..i got quoted 350 from JHP for the whole process, which seems a bit steep so yea might have to workout how to do it myself

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Theres heaps of threads about it. Just do a search. It is almost as easy as plug and play from what I hear.

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
Theres heaps of threads about it. Just do a search. It is almost as easy as plug and play from what I hear.

Dunno where this dude gets his info from....:bang:

But just goto a thread that was created a week or 2 ago called 'yet another fog lights thread'... or something like that. There are ****loads of threads on this subject...

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
which part cos you just also said there are **** loads of threads about it. But he is right cos most commodores have the wiring sitting there already. if you have the wire you add a relay and the get the switch from holden.

tisfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Supercharged
Gets a bit tricky with VY S II as Holden's removed the fog lights wire harness to cut costs. Did mine on VY S I (which has the factory wire harness inc) and was relatively quite easy - Holden fog relay (located in engine by) #92109510 @ $10 + Dash Bd light switch (includes Fog light option by pulling on sw) #92113753 @ $40 + Narva 100mm Fog Lights (from Autobarn) @ $85 + 1 wkend work = $135;
VY S II should cost you ~ $250 (parts & labour) if you get a decent Auto Electrician; cheers

blewy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
Gets a bit tricky with VY S II as Holden's removed the fog lights wire harness to cut costs. Did mine on VY S I (which has the factory wire harness inc) and was relatively quite easy - Holden fog relay (located in engine by) #92109510 @ $10 + Dash Bd light switch (includes Fog light option by pulling on sw) #92113753 @ $40 + Narva 100mm Fog Lights (from Autobarn) @ $85 + 1 wkend work = $135;
VY S II should cost you ~ $250 (parts & labour) if you get a decent Auto Electrician; cheers
thanks for that