Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For those in Victoria wanting to slam their VE (or even slightly lower it :))

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
The majority of lowered cars (done properly) are more safer than what a stock standard ride would be. My bridgstone dealer fitted my coilovers and then are a registed inspection station for road worthies, they didnt say anything. Stupid laws are brought in because of stupid people being the minority doing stupid things, this then screws it up for the rest of us who take pride in our cars no matter how high or low a car is... With coilovers they can be set up so everything works togetger, bump n re bound, stiffness or softness. Set up correctly they are. Etter thab the fe2 i had. Before (imo)... nd legaly you are allowed to have 2" bigger wheels than standard

I'm pretty sure there is no 2" law.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
Thats what the insurance company told me as long as its within 2" of standard they can insure it.... Just going by what ive been told

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Some lowered cars (done properly) are more safer than what a stock standard ride would be. My bridgstone dealer fitted my coilovers and then are a registed inspection station for road worthies, they didnt say anything. Stupid laws are brought in because of stupid people being the majority doing stupid things, this then screws it up for the rest of us who take pride in our cars no matter how high or low a car is... With coilovers they can be set up so everything works togetger, bump n re bound, stiffness or softness. Set up correctly they are. Etter thab the fe2 i had. Before (imo)... and legaly you are allowed to have bigger wheels so long as the rolling circumference is within 15mm of standard in most Australian states.

^^^^ fixed.

Reaper

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
So what happens if someone has an accident and they had ESP turned off at the time of impact?

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
dont know over there, but in adelaide there a lot lower than standard

A notable item in a Highway Patrol car's job description is the ability to mount median strips at little notice.. It would look a but funny if they got stuck now wouldn't it?

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
This isn't actually a huge issue. ESC is the same across the board from Holden yet there are MANY different versions of the suspension setup. Onus on the driver to prove there's no effect on the ESC for lowered suspension? Who even thinks of these laws? They have no idea! A car's handling is completely different when loaded with 4 adults and some luggage in the boot and is EASILY more compromised than when suspension components that are BETTER than OEM are fitted. This is just a case of people without any idea what they're talking about making the rules.

They're just trying to stop idiots like this (pic found using google search "stupid low commodore" - no offense to anyone here intended):
shygmh-078.jpg

I knew exactly what I was doing. I googled for "stupid low commodores" and that monstrosity came up in the results. I'm not intentionally trying to piss anyone from JC off but if they choose to have stupid cars that's their business not mine. And anyone with suspension like that thing has, I'm sorry, is an idiot. It's not safe and I can guarantee the headlights won't be self leveling so at night oncoming drivers will be dazzled. It's people that drive around in crap like that that end up giving the brand a bad stereotype.

If it looked like this, these stupid laws would never even be considered. Note: This still looks GOOD at this ride height!!! Not to mention it's probably a WHOLE lot more comfortable and more than capable of decent handling on public roads. Actually I'd bet that this suspension setup would outperform the saggy arse setup.

DSCN0346.jpg

it looks like **** at the standard height. It's a very nice looking vs, that is my opinion, and yours is that it looks like ****, doesnt mean you have to call them an idiot.