Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Bitch Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Yeah, Fords have their good points. But this isn't a Ford forum, so I wanna hear all your complaints! I don't wanna hear, "Fords **** coz it's a Ford", coz you sound as dumb as a Ford fan. I'll start it off...

We all know Ford V8's have the "Power Bulge". Some people like it, some hate it. I think it's alright. Here's the thing, the BA Falcon was never goin to have the power bulge. Throughout the entire design process of the BA, all the V8's had the standard bonnet. When the first V8 was put down the production line, late one night on the skeleton crew, it came to the stage of putting the bonnet on. But wait.....It wouldn't close. Thats right, the power bulge was an after thought due to BAD ENGINEERING.

Here's another thing, to upgrade to aftermarket extractors on the Boss V8, the engine has to be lifted from the car, because there's not enough room due to the bulky engine and OHC set up.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Nothing wrong with Fords.. I simply prefer a Holden..

I love the tiptronic tranny though.. Awesome fun to play around with.. It's an auto for people who can't drive manuals and fun for people who can.. Love it..

And the XR6 Turbo.. I wish Holden would go further with the Forced Induction.. Good on Ford for going the Turbo.. If there's an XR8 Turbo, I'm gonna be drooling..

I see no point in bagging Ford.. The cars are mighty fine, second only to Holden IMO..

If you gave me the choice between an Asian car or a Ford.. I wouldn't be thinking too hard..

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Shounak said:

I love the tiptronic tranny though.. Awesome fun to play around with.. It's an auto for people who can't drive manuals and fun for people who can.. Love it..

And the XR6 Turbo.. I wish Holden would go further with the Forced Induction.. Good on Ford for going the Turbo.. If there's an XR8 Turbo, I'm gonna be drooling..

I see no point in bagging Ford.. The cars are mighty fine, second only to Holden IMO..

If you gave me the choice between an Asian car or a Ford.. I wouldn't be thinking too hard..

Liike I said, Fords have their good points. I'd always go Australian just for the fact it's Australian. I'd also always go a manual over auto. I don't care how good the auto is, the manual would still be more fun. Like to see someone pop the clutch in an auto... As for forced induction, yeah, good on them, pitty the V8's can't keep up. However, if Holden brought out a forced six, and it was better than the V8, I'd still go the V8. There is so much aftermarket potential for the Gen 3 and Gen 4, I can't see any reason why not to buy one. Besides, no engine will ever sound as good as a V8.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
My dad can't drive a manual AT ALL.. My mum can, she did 10 years ago but absolutely hates it..

I love driving manuals.. A nice BA would be an awesome compromise IMO..

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
Dont like ford drivers. They act like they own the road. Do you know how many ********s in GTP's and stuff try and drag me from the lights? Unbelievable.

Oh and they like to bag out holden on their forums any chance they get.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
INSINR8R said:
Dont like ford drivers. They act like they own the road. Do you know how many ********s in GTP's and stuff try and drag me from the lights? Unbelievable.

And holden drivers act like they own the road too.

And lots of *************s in clubsports, ss's, monaros, etc try and drag people

And people bag out fords in holden forums too (like this one)

This thread is so immature and will most likely end up deleted.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
INSINR8R said:

Agreed, so why not rise above it? Who gives a f*ck if they bag out Holdens, doesn't mean we should show em by bagging Ford out here.. FFS..

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Shounak said:

w00t tiptrontic!! K it wasnt a ford.... but yes soooo much fun.... Since I cant drive manual...

car accident - bad knee - I suck so bad now if I try :p out of practise? lol -

anyways I got to hoon around in brand new Lancer (1200K's ;)).... go the tiptrontic! was a hoot! & dunno bout the BA's but the lancers have the gear change on steering wheel as well.... Very rally style feel.... pity I was only going few suburbs over.... but OMG fun fun!
- wouldnt give a commodore up for it.... but fun is too be had!

D.

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
Evman said:
Here's another thing, to upgrade to aftermarket extractors on the Boss V8, the engine has to be lifted from the car, because there's not enough room due to the bulky engine and OHC set up.

Same deal goes with changing the heads (or head gasket for that matter). Engine hasto be removed from the car. Not only that but i believe you need to drop the whole Kframe and remove from it from the bottom, meaning that a backyard mechanic is not gunna get far without a car hoist. Correct me anyone if i'm wrong on this???

INSINR8R, As for the ford drivers thinking they own the road, copy paste infus10ns post. IMO though it happens to me alot more often with holden drivers. Perhaps it's the fact that i drive a ford and i cop flak from the holden drivers, whereas people who drive holdens will most likely cop flak from people in fords.

Status
Not open for further replies.