Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Falcon

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
I'm with ari, replace it a bush isn't expensive and they don't take that long to change, you cant expect a car to be safe if you don't spend money on it.
especially at the age of this one.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
you see, mr gothickidd. you are on a public forum. and i am guessing you havnt had your licence for a huge amount of time, and i (personally) am in no way going to say something that could prove to be harmful of even fatal to you, even though there would be no real consequences to myself, i would feel like crap.

so just remember when people say itll be fine... the best practice is 'best practice'. the words "it will only really matter if you need to do an evasive maneuver" should be enough to set those alarm bells ringing in your head. of course, you will probably do what most people do and just continue to drive it. but i find myself having to be "that guy" that harps on about things like your annoying mother.

worn bushes are dangerous and should be replaced.

its as simple as that really. if they were not there to serve a purpose, then they wouldnt have been fitted by ford in the first place.

+1

I accidently bought an el falcon gli at car auction once *dont ask* .. running as rough as buggery. But like everyone has suggested to you... i changed leads, plugs, filters & bushes and the thing ran like a dream - albeit and ugly dream. Focus on the basics.

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
was he talking about computer mouses..? unless his car was going around and collecting them?!

definately collecting mice...no chance of getting pussy with that rig

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm just thankful this inexperienced kid with his clapped out Falcon isn't driving around anywhere near me.

GothicKid - the posters ahead of me are dead right. Your car is probably a fatal accident looking for a home. You have two options - fix it, or dump it. There is no third option, for your sake and for others.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I'm just thankful this inexperienced kid with his clapped out Falcon isn't driving around anywhere near me.

GothicKid - the posters ahead of me are dead right. Your car is probably a fatal accident looking for a home. You have two options - fix it, or dump it. There is no third option, for your sake and for others.

I bet theres worse drivers with worse cars over in NSW ;)
Driving around town cant be that fatal could it? and I noticed probably in that :\ Theres 'probably' worse cars out there that could 'probably' have worse problems. There is no difference in driving or anything with how it is..
I think id rather drive this then drive a 'lowered' car with cut springs that could probably drop out of place as soon as I hit a bump
Its probably better me knowing and being careful, then not knowing at all and driving like its a brand new car :\

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
mate read monkeys comment again and if it still hasnt sunk into your head keep reading till it does

weather your car has chopped springs, rooted bushes, bald tyres etc etc is still comes into the unroadworthy catagory.

and with chopped springs it might feel like its fine to drive until you hit a big bump and as you said they come out. similar situation with your shitbox... feels fine to drive until... something happens.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Alright.
Cameron when my car had chopped springs it was a awful ride, it felt bad over bumps. :\

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i have been in a car with chopped springs aswell :p but what im getting at is although your car feels fine its actually unroadworthy... and its in the catagory of unroadworthy for a reason :p

not having a dig at you but just trying to get mine and everybody else's point across to you :)

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Yeah i also agree , i have an an example of feeling safe:
Our little laser feels fine to drive but you get out and you move the rear wheels back and fourth, no bushes left at all, but other then odd rattle on a big bump they make no noise at all, feels safe enough to drive but i would hate to see what would happen if i was cruising along at 80 and the bolt finally let go.
I dont really have a point to make but ffs just fix it so its mechanically 100%, in the brakes steering and suspension anyways.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
It's not you being careful that you have to worry about its the other dick heads on the road that are going to cause you to try dodge them and put the arm to its limits and then it will let go, its your life mate but better to be safe and make sure someone else doesn't have to pay for you being lazy.