Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Hunts Brake Fault

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
i still dont think its relevant to today though as by now every ford (models affected)would have through the workshop n been replaced.......

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
in theory yes but there is a good % of cars that will never see Fraud again after purchase so there would still be a significant number out there that will still be effected.

Ive had my BA serviced once at Fraud since ive had it - i dont know if the problem has been looked at or fixed so id assume there are a lot out there in the same boat.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Like others have said this problem i have known about it for atleast 12 months, theres been a few writting into a cars colum talking about there failed brake lines on territorys

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
The old BA went back to Ford 2 times about brakes. The bleed and flushed the system that many times and problems always came back.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
another problem with the brakes in them is the rear brake lines arnt long enough, and when you put them on 2-posters it can rip the brakes lines out, my mate has been replacing them ever since he started his apprenticeship at ford

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
Its funny this is only being mentioned now. I have been changing BA and BF Brake lines for nearly 2 years now. BA BF owners this is free and your local Ford Dealership should replace these for free.

You can tell if you have the correct ones by seeing if there is a metal spring around the outside of the line. We havent had eny of these fail this is why it was a campaign if it was serious the customers would have been notified and it would of been a recall instead of a campaign.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The problem is exactly what Andyman referred to - the rear brake hoses on Falcons and Territorys were manufactured too short for a period during the BA and early BF and can pull apart where the ferrule crimps over the hose if the suspension reaches full downward travel. Ford has been aware of the problem and has a factory replacement program in place, but has refused until now to instigate a recall program - the parts are only replaced if the car is brought in for a service or specific repair.

Bloody crap attitude from a company. If this isn't a major safety fault with a car, then I don't know what is.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Bloody crap attitude from a company. If this isn't a major safety fault with a car, then I don't know what is.

yeah but they dont want to look bad by having recalls, apparently only holden can have those cause ve's are crap - so ive been told

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
and itd probably work out cheaper to pay them off if people are injured than repair the problem

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
LOL, yet Ford in America had a massive problem many many years ago (before i was born). Can't remember exactly, i'd have to go back to the books, but if a certain type of their car (can't remember the name either) was involved in a rear end crash there was a high chance of fire/explosion which kills the driver of the vehicle that was hit.

Ford weighed up two options:
1. Call a total recall and add some metal to the cars (about $100 each i think)
2. Pay out compensation to everyone killed in a crash due to the fault

Based on the percentage of crashes Ford found it was cheaper to go with the payout option, so what did they do? They ran with that, no fixing all the other cars because that option was more expensive to them. Not the lifes of people!

At least they've lkooked into this one i guess..... before people die.