Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford's new Coyote V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I did put a question mark next to it.
It may have just been designed by Mercedes. Or I could be totally wrong.

EDIT:
Ford Barra engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know its wiki, but it only says that they're assembled here. Could well be manufactured in Europe (Or china for that matter).

The Ford inline 6 block is cast and machined in their engine plant in Geelong , just next to the panelstamping plant . The heads are cast elsewhere , cant remember where though and theyre also machined there at Geelong . Mercedes never had any connection to the ford 6 , it has evolved independently since its original version in the early 1960s . No , im not a mechanic but i do a lot of reading and research , not just on falcons though .

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Im sure if we look hard enough we can find anything.
The technology isn't new, nor is it revolutionary. Frankly its not even all that interesting. Why it has fan boys frothing in their pants is beyond me.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
you know what would get me frothing in my pant's is a rotory valve engine i bet all the fan boy's havent heard of this concept and wouldent even understand the benifits verse the downfalls

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
All i can say is.... thread closed.

I do love the use of the words "fan boys". The only fanboys I have seen in here seem to be the ones using the words.

Status
Not open for further replies.