Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forum's quiet

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wow, I didn't realise they charge you to use those charging stations, pardon the pun. That being the case there is no point in owning an EV unless its sole purpose is a 30min commute to work and back.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Wow, I didn't realise they charge you to use those charging stations, pardon the pun. That being the case there is no point in owning an EV unless its sole purpose is a 30min commute to work and back.
Makes you wonder why they are building big EV SUVs and utes / pickup trucks.
I won't mention the Cybertrck .......... oops, I just did.
It can carry a couple of mountain bikes in its 'tray', like a Suzuki Mighty Boy.
A Kia EV9 ? WTF ?
A small XC Barina / Yaris size hatch to go to the shops....... $25K ? Yeah, maybe..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
what will they do in the future tho with all EV's... what did u do to your car today ? dude i plugged it in and charged it... forum will be a single thread just about charging rates and who charges the fastest
Can still do everything to an EV that you do with an ICE car aside from drive line.
Wheels, suspension, interior, stereo, bodywork/paint, etc
99% of ICE cars don't have much in the way of driveline mods...................and think of the positives, no more 3" wet fart sounding exhausts on 4/6 cyl cars!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Can still do everything to an EV that you do with an ICE car aside from drive line.
Wheels, suspension, interior, stereo, bodywork/paint, etc
99% of ICE cars don't have much in the way of driveline mods...................and think of the positives, no more 3" wet fart sounding exhausts on 4/6 cyl cars!
Q. What mods can you do to a Cybertruck. ?
A. Hide the crayons.

Yeah, OK, **** poor joke ............. but there are videos already about how to modify them with stuff to get to Dead Donkey Gulch in the US of A.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If you scroll down further a person who bought a Tesla had the opposite experience.
But, but ......... the first 3 sentences were about how he couldn't figure out how to get it to charge.
Next sentence after buying a Big Mac, it was charging.
What magic happened ? No explanation.

Edit ........... just re-read it. Ahhhhh....... comprehension test :) Missed the sarcasm by that much.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes. And a lot of them are exactly that. The bitsashitti outlander phev on Albos special electric car tax deduction rebate list has something like a 50km range on its battery. Go figure.
The only saving grace of such a BS initiative is that a lot of people spend most of their time within 25km of home.
Bloody expensive shopping trolley.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes. And a lot of them are exactly that. The bitsashitti outlander phev on Albos special electric car tax deduction rebate list has something like a 50km range on its battery. Go figure.
The only saving grace of such a BS initiative is that a lot of people spend most of their time within 25km of home.
Bloody expensive shopping trolley.
Considering anything with reasonable range is still over $70k I don't see the masses rushing out to get one by the magic 2030 IIRC that was mentioned, or was it 2040 when we were supposed to have no ICE vehicles on the road?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Considering anything with reasonable range is still over $70k I don't see the masses rushing out to get one by the magic 2030 IIRC that was mentioned, or was it 2040 when we were supposed to have no ICE vehicles on the road?
Who knows. Those future dates they throw out are just a massive BS marketing tool.
First announce a nonsense date.
Second make a bunch of stupid rushed decisions justified by trying to convince people that such decisions needed to be made in order to get the results needed to meet the nonsense date.
Then when it becomes obvious that BS date is indeed BS and isn't going to happen, push the date out further and do it all again.
Here here. Cheers to all our fearless leaders.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I think 2030, but that is referring to brand new petrol cars I think