Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

found a vn manual, how much is it worth

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hey guys, now i ofund a manual and ill try and tell u all i can about it so u can give me a price on what its worth

ok so, young guy owns it, maybe 25
after i test drove it he ripped a burnout(clearly thrashes it)

now what its got
stock head unit
3 way speackers, unknown brand
after market wooden stearing wheel
decent amount of tread on stock tyres
5 sped manual, yahoo, thats waht im wanting
its series 2
engine runs fine
heavy duty clutch
vk lowered suspension, but not that great

now whats wrong
rust on back quater next to rear window and right hand side back window corner
smashed front left indicator
no rego
no plates
not road worthy
clutch vibrates i noticed i dunno if thats bad
stock tyres
258 000 k's
um apparently it was serviced 10 thou k ago
um alarm dont work properly but its got one
crap paint job (white) looks bad

so guys, considering i only want the manual
but i want the car how much is it worth.

it aint worth 2200, 1000 at the most. :yeah:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Depends how badly you want a manual VN :) and how badly the next guy that looks at it wants one, I would be looking for a mint one and just fork out the required 4 or 5 grand so I could have a car to keep, if it's got rust around the back window then the car itself is only a couple years away from the scrap metal yard.

My golden rule is never buy a white VN-VS (even though vr and vs look great in white) they just rust too fast in very hard to fix places if you live in a cool climate, the white paint doesn't generate enough heat in the sunlight to keep the car dry. My advice would be try and find a dark blue manual VN : )

DF_Media

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
I reckon 3 turnips and a carrot and you will be in the ballpark of what this car is worth.

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
um well u see i already have a car. i dont intend on using it as my car, just the manual, i like my car the way ive set it up, and i no this car that im talking about aint worth ****, but around how much is it worth

H

HSV Lover

VN-88 said:
hey guys, now i ofund a manual and ill try and tell u all i can about it so u can give me a price on what its worth

ok so, young guy owns it, maybe 25
after i test drove it he ripped a burnout(clearly thrashes it)

now what its got
stock head unit
3 way speackers, unknown brand
after market wooden stearing wheel
decent amount of tread on stock tyres
5 sped manual, yahoo, thats waht im wanting
its series 2
engine runs fine
heavy duty clutch
vk lowered suspension, but not that great

now whats wrong
rust on back quater next to rear window and right hand side back window corner
smashed front left indicator
no rego
no plates
not road worthy
clutch vibrates i noticed i dunno if thats bad
stock tyres
258 000 k's
um apparently it was serviced 10 thou k ago
um alarm dont work properly but its got one
crap paint job (white) looks bad

so guys, considering i only want the manual
but i want the car how much is it worth.

it aint worth 2200, 1000 at the most. :yeah:

Id start at 600 to jolt him into reality and then maybe look at offering after a bit of talking and if he has calmed down, $1100 tops cause im sure water pump, steering rack, steering pump etc etc are going to come in handy later on eh?? ong as you have room for the wreck go for it :yeah:

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
thanks, thats what i needed to hear, ok ill take ur advice, anyone hear know if there should be a vibration in the clutch wen u push it down??

and i got plenty of room, 5 acres of room for many more lol, and thats what i want it for 2 spairs, i need the radiator, its got new brakes and i need new fronts there is no disk left on mine, new steering racks, i think thats it lol

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
VN-88 said:
thanks, thats what i needed to hear, ok ill take ur advice, anyone hear know if there should be a vibration in the clutch wen u push it down??

and i got plenty of room, 5 acres of room for many more lol, and thats what i want it for 2 spairs, i need the radiator, its got new brakes and i need new fronts there is no disk left on mine, new steering racks, i think thats it lol

sorry to disappoint you...but if this fella knows his stuff he wont(if he really knows his stuff) he wouldn't let it go for less than $1500

DF_Media

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
DF_Media said:
Can get complete cars with a 5 speed in it for about 1k and then wreck anything good off it.

Shudder doesnt sound good - I would be pricing new clutch etc before making a decision.

Have a look at this as an example of something decent with a 5speed you could probably wreck alot of good parts off

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4601674344&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

i'm just deciding which will get me the most $$$,i do VN's upwards up,currently got 2 projects on the go picked up a wagon VN 5 speed,why it was written off i don't know,nearly finished this one....i'm half way thru my other VN sedan,it's auto,now i can't make up my mind as to do a swap,make the sedan manual or leave them as they are,people down here will pay almost what you want for a 5 speed VN....wagons aren't very good sellers(autos anyhows) but i have seen lots of young fellas with wagons,so they can fit their boom boxes in :).... when iv'e finished the wagon,and if i leave it 5 speed,i'll be asking around the $3900 mark

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Prices quoted for other states surprise me no end. From the description $600 would be an absolute maximum here in Perth even for a manual and only if it was all good.