Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Found some free VN KW's today

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I was looking at my throttle body to see how much carbon was in it today and realised that the butterfly doesn't open 100% because it hits the stopper on the throttle body way to early. I thought well, whats the point with everyone looking for 2 hp here and 2 hp there with air filters and CAI and V8 throttle bodies when the stock one is looking at me saying, I'm loosing you 5 hp right here :p. Anyway it got me mad with Holden so I took the die grinder to it followed up with a mini file untill I had my 100% throttle and 2 minutes later I had a run on my fairly accurate dyno (which is stick it in drive and floor it from the driveway exit untill I hit 100 and see how many meters before the neighbours driveway that is) normally I'm about 5 meters before the next driveway (depends a bit on the weather) but I had a sv3800 chip in the car and got almost 10 meters before it last week (maybe 8 meters), now with the stock chip and the fully open throttle body I got there with my 10 meters to spare. So we will see what happens with a new chip I'll make this week. I have REALLY sticky tires at the moment and the car is stock so I don't normally get any wheelspin doing this but today they gave a bit of a chirp and squeal. When I had cheap tires I used to be able to get wheel spin anytime and at like 60km/h in the rain, but those days are gone now :/? :D