Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FPV F6 Turbo??

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys!!
My mate showed me his uncles FPV brochure this morning at skool and i had a read of the specs. It says that it runs a 270kw 550nm 4.0lt 6cyl with a Garret GT 35/40 turbocharger! I was just wondering because with a Turbo calculater i tried out it said that the GT25 would be alright for a Holden V6, does this mean the the Ford 6 has so much more power it can spool up the bigger turbo just as quick? It just shocked me, and the other thing, it said that its peak was 0.68 bar boost, correct me if im wrong, but that isn't great is it? :unsure:
I feel bad to admit this but.....I rekon that the yellow F6 is one of the best looking Ford's ever made, apart from that $10 intercooler on the front! :bop:

Attachments

• F6Rig.jpg
    F6Rig.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 1,526
  • Typhoon20exhaust.jpg
    Typhoon20exhaust.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 693
  • Typhoon20intercooler.jpg
    Typhoon20intercooler.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 606
  • Typhoon20wheel2-2.jpg
    Typhoon20wheel2-2.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 5,192
Last edited:

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
that is a lot of power ay, not sure about spool time but 0.68 bar is 9.862 psi, worked it out on a calculator. so its not that much at all, must be a very efficient engine, why cant Holden come out with something like that. any idea on the cost of the F6 TURBO

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Yer ther is a lot of power in that. And that would be a great idea to hav a Holden or HSV Turbo Model!! Y did holden stop after the VL Calais Turbo?? :b: Oh, and on Carsales you can buy a new BA F6 for $60,000 but they havn't got a BF for sale yet, so not too sure :unsure:

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
The vl calais turbo wasn't a holden (rather GM) designed engine, it was rather, as we all know out sourced to nissan. Looking at HSV's lineup from past series, they focus on 8's only so l doubt we'll see a mass produced turbo setup from holden for awhile...

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
HSV have got the hot 4. The VXR Astra. 2 litre ecotec 4 that's turboed.
6 speed box, 176Kw, 0 -100 is 6.2 seconds and at a little over 1000kgs, it's a formidable package.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
0.68 bar boost may not sound like that much but in a production engine they have to ensure it's reliable. pumping up the boost either means you need spend big on the internals (cooling, strength etc.) or take the risk, which a lot of mod'd car guys do.

ford (or any other maker) can't afford to do that.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
also they say you can unlock it a little more by playing with the ECU so you could get it up to say 10psi or so boost without playing with big mods though you wouldnt want to run the risk of making it go BOOM!

but yeah i will hand it to them, the BA's arent bad to look at blue oval or not.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
10psi would be the stock from the factory boost level. Buy a bleed valve and wind that up. Without a doubt it would be able to handle it, its just a matter as to what the fuel system can cope with. I don't know what the stock injectors max out at, but that cooler is either really efficient or its nasty.

Damn good turbo too, I still think I'd rather the xr6t because I've heard the f6 goes through clutches alot faster. Because they use a twin plate clutch instead of a meaty single plate.

Just remember the vlt only came out stock with 7psi or so, 150hp at the wheels roughly. And we all know that without any real mods apart from a cooler and some extra boost they can churn out alot more power.

It looks the goods, but I'd still go the xr6t I'd have to say, in white or black, sorry for my bland choice of colours, but that, lower, huge tough 5 spoke rims, an xr8 bonnet, sunroof and leather interior. Yes please!

B

blofly

I guess they can't push the boost up too much because of emmisions tests.
But the BA is a gorgeous car even if it is a Ford! especially in the Citric Acid colour :w00t: I want to paint my Datsun 1200 coupe in that colour

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I was talkin to a guy at work. He said that Holden can't put in a turbocharger because of the firing order or sequential injection.. He said that on the BA it was different because it was an inline..

Is there any reason why a turbocharger wouldn't work on a Commo, or was he talking ****?