Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Freighting Rims

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
G'day all, looking to buy a set of rims from a private seller ? In your experience what's the safest way to transport them while minimizing excess weight ? I'm in Brisbane, can anyone recommend a company to deal with ?

Cheers
Drew

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
if they are packaged correctly it shouldnt matter who you ship them with, go to bridgestones or a wheel mob and ask for some rim boxes

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Safest would be to pick them up yourself wouldn't it?

MADSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
I use transdirect, there Australia wide... door to door service, its easy, you can do it all online... get an online qoute in no time.... price's are fair.... just box them up as good as possible.
ive sent off a few set of rim's.... never had a poblem with them. I even got a whole exhuast system from melb to sydney.
You can even use paypal to pay.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED

Last edited:

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Parcel Delivery from Interparcel Australia

Used them last week for first time for a box too large for Aust Postand only a few dollars more than what Aust Post would charge for their largest size of same weight. Just put in the box size, weight, from and to address and you'll get a quote.

All done on-line in 10 mins (TNT was the best option given out of the 4). Was picked up next working day.

They even email the address labels and consignment notices in minutes. Too easy...as long as the seller is happy to print off the labels, affix to the boxes and be around for the pick-up.

It was my first experience using this service, so no reason not to use them again.

Good luck.

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated