Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Friggin Phone

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I got a 3250 its been perfect for 18months, had a few pegs agaist the wall in angered moments, n all that has happened is the frame around the keys has a split but still holds in spot.

Ive not yet killed a nokia, ive had about 5 so far all still work.

But yeah any other phone ive had has died.

Me partner has one of those nokia slide phones, that crap has a loose speaker wire n cuts in n out, n battery is crap.

But all hte onse ive had have been sweet

I had a 3250, great phone but they had an annoying beep that sounded before a ringtone would play. Aparently part of the phone. I had the softwar updated on mine after it would constantly restart. All good after that.

Got an N73 now, haven't had 1 problem yet. Great phone. NOKIA FTW.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Thanks for the advice. Yea everything gets saved to my mem card. but i think im gonna have trouble updating the firmware cause the use connection is a little corroded so it randomly cuts out which im guessing would be bad. so you say the nokia care centre. could they possible update it for me?

yeah mine cuts out a bit if it moves. i leave it and dont touch it when updating. you can also upgrade it to the music edition. you get a few new features and a better mp3 player

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
i've never had a problem with the moto v3xx flawless couldn't be happier with it.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I had a 3250, great phone but they had an annoying beep that sounded before a ringtone would play. Aparently part of the phone. I had the softwar updated on mine after it would constantly restart. All good after that.

Got an N73 now, haven't had 1 problem yet. Great phone. NOKIA FTW.

I dont get that beep, when i first got the phone it had the speech thingy so it said who was calling, but thats the only thing it would make b4 the tone went off, jsut a setting u can turn off.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I dont get that beep, when i first got the phone it had the speech thingy so it said who was calling, but thats the only thing it would make b4 the tone went off, jsut a setting u can turn off.

Maybe y got rid of it in the later builds of them. Mine was one of the first ones built, got it the day it came out. I asked nokia and they said it can't be turned off and it was part of the phone. I told them it was annoying and to never ever put it on a phone again. On a quiet profile it would beep loudly then played the tone softly. Really annoying.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
yeah mine cuts out a bit if it moves. i leave it and dont touch it when updating. you can also upgrade it to the music edition. you get a few new features and a better mp3 player

what new features do you get with the music edition? and how much better is the mp3 player cause i use mine at work a fair bit

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
what new features do you get with the music edition? and how much better is the mp3 player cause i use mine at work a fair bit

you dont have the **** buttons up the left side of the screen. you can use the joystick to control everything. left-right chnages the song. pressing the joystick is play/pause, and down on the joystick stops it. great for when its in your pocket.
also bought one of these headsets on ebay for $10
http://www.gsm-batterij.nl/producten/Stereo_Headset_HS_20_AD_41_white_Nokia.jpg
has all the controls i need

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Righto ill probably update it sometime this week. thanks mate