Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Froggz' S15 Silvia Spec R Import.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Dude I found you something to inspire towards.. Yeah S15 but you know, tomatoes / apples..

10372040_10152142091058443_5474324367586503127_n.jpg

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
I'm sure they would suit. I have plans for more power after tax time. Current list will be Gt2871r, Fmic (unsure of brand), 255l Walbro Pump, 740cc injectors(Unsure if I could get away with keeping stock ones), z32 afm. Then later in the year I will lower it and tackle suspension.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Waaaaay better turbos out there now than this dinosaur. Possibly look into the Garrett GTX range, Hypergear, Precision. There are more turbos now that will make the same power with way better response.
This is what a mate of mine made with that turbo and some Step 2 cams (unsure of brand) @ 18psi - SR20DET Rebuild – Part 5 – The Final Result – 249.5rwkw | Team Red Stage - Canberra Drifters

For the same lag as the 2871, you could have something like a 3071 (but it's not bolt on). While this article is a bit subjective and a bit useless without testing ,it's a good read - Maximal Performance: A little on low-mounts

If you're looking to track this car, I would also suggest you do suspension first as doing more with less power will develop way better driving technique.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
New plan for tax time: Clean up the engine bay before you drop anymore performance **** in.

Just my 2c

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Also, 200ish kw is easily achievable on the stock setup with an 14psi, exhaust, FMIC, and a Nistune. Low down torque is way better too. Pretty much the setup I've got at the moment.

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
I have started cleaning up the engine bay but the old owner left it in a bit of a mess, I have relocated the boost controller and moved some of the wiring, still along way to go though.
Still undecided on turbo, Tax time will be FMIC, z32 maf, fuel pump and tune and some new shocks and springs.
I should be picking up a standard front bar next weekend hopefully.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I have started cleaning up the engine bay but the old owner left it in a bit of a mess

LOL. The latest owner painted **** green.
Paint it black/red/silver at least. Or if you really want green, perhaps a better shade that's not so in your face?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
mate, its his car. let him paint it whatever colour he wants. i have to be honest, ive always wanted and still want a aqua or pink S13.

no word a lie, i would drive the **** out of a pink S13.

but i do reckon that green sticks out way too much currently. would look far more at home with more green, and a satin black engine bay. the white/black/silver/green/blue/red/yellow is just waaaaay too many different colours.

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
^^ Full of win.

The paint is all in good fun, I really couldn't care less what colour my rocker cover is, will look better once I get a FMIC and it is only paint after all, not to hard to change.
Besides we all no Green is for go ;)