Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Froggz' S15 Silvia Spec R Import.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Besides we all no Green is for go ;)

nah green looks shithouse. only losers paint stuff green:
1524288_10151993592684864_1670979146_o.jpg

just sayin'

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Completely forgot about this, if you like green on Silvias, check out my mates 180... Still pretty damn rough at the moment.

img_2067resize2.jpg

img_2028resize.jpg

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yep, thats pretty much exactly the colour i was gonna paint my old S13. i fell in love with one at auctions in japan that was absolutely off its head. full cage, gutted out interior. MASSIVE turbo.

the funniest mod was, i went to open the door and the dude had totally removed the handles :D this was wayyyy back in the early 2000's before door poppers existed. i was mind blown.

sadly it was way too modified to import, so my story ends there.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
mate, its his car. let him paint it whatever colour he wants. i have to be honest, ive always wanted and still want a aqua or pink S13.

no word a lie, i would drive the **** out of a pink S13.

but i do reckon that green sticks out way too much currently. would look far more at home with more green, and a satin black engine bay. the white/black/silver/green/blue/red/yellow is just waaaaay too many different colours.

Fk oath listen to ari.

Have your green as a theme colour. Satin black is the go for the engine bay if you want to paint it without taking out your engine and then silver a few bits here and there. If you prep everything decently you can make it look fairly professional.

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
The 180 looks awesome, knowing my luck I'll have to pull the engine out one day.
I'll most likely pulling the gearbox apart in august to replace the syncro's and what ever else is worn in there.
I have been tossing up with the idea of getting a s13 ( I miss my old s13 even though it was ca18de and the biggest nugget I have ever owned it was still fun to drive)and leaving this pretty standard, found a stock front bar in white for reasonable might pick it up this weekend.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
And a manifold I got cheap just for looks

Don't bother man, not worth the effort. Stainless steel manifolds always end up cracking, it's well documented (in fact there's a HKS manifold sitting at my mates house with a huge crack down that centre join). Not to mention the flow is not that great because of the angle of the first cylinder runner.

Unless you're going custom flange or high mount just stick with the factory cast one, it's power limit is pretty much when the turbo you're using is too big to low mount and it lasts forever.

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
Never ended up putting the manifold up just have it sitting on a shelf in my room.
I was busy on the weekend and this happened.

For the price, pretty happy with the quality of the kit, came with everything i needed.

Noticed its a little bit more torquey, A fair bit more laggy but might just be turbo struggling to fill intercooler quickly/

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I have the solution. More boost!