Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Bumper Removal for VE SV6

ShowStopperG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the front bumper of a VE series 1 SV6. I have already followed instructions given by carmmodder and iagresearch but the bumper still seems to be stuck. I have taken the 2 bolts from the inner guard side, the bolts underneath the bumper and the 2 bolts and 2 clips on the top of the grille. The problem seems to be that the bumper is still holding onto something around the number plate region or somewhere in the centre...:/ other areas seem to be loose enough, its just the center region.

Your help is much appreciated.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
There's a clip under each head light you should be able to see it if you look close inbetweeem the bumper and bottom of the headlight.

ShowStopperG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
There's a clip under each head light you should be able to see it if you look close inbetweeem the bumper and bottom of the headlight.

Thanks mate for your quick reply. I think thats what my problem is but I am having problems actually trying to get the bumper free from the clips. Just wanted to know how to get the bumper free from the clips without putting too much stress on the front bumper

Thx

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Maybe the numberplate screws are too long and went into something behind the bumper?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Prick of a job lol. Very time consuming.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

ShowStopperG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Thanks guys, and yes once you figure it out only take a min to take it out haha