Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front bumper

Vikimr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 2006 omega
Can I install a VE Series 1 SV6 front bumper on an Omega VE series 1?
If yes what additional things I have to update.like footlights,front grills....

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Straight swap.
Fog lights are going to need wiring up. There’s a thread on it somewhere.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You will need a foglight switch. I don't know if the Omega has the extra wires needed in the dash or if you will need a patch loom? @Fu Manchu might know?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
You will need a foglight switch. I don't know if the Omega has the extra wires needed in the dash or if you will need a patch loom? @Fu Manchu might know?
Depends on if you really insist on the fog lights working or not. If it was me doing it I wouldn’t bother wiring them in as they are illegal to use 99% of the time anyway.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Depends on if you really insist on the fog lights working or not. If it was me doing it I wouldn’t bother wiring them in as they are illegal to use 99% of the time anyway.
True. They are useful here where we have thick fog once or twice a fortnight. Having said that I never remember to turn them on regardless. Used to be a time where every night pretty much there would be thick fog for miles on the way home to my old house. I never had fog lights then but in the pitch black of night they would have been handy. HIDs were useless and could only use low beam and hope you didn't plough down too many roos or wombats on the trip.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I don't get it. Outdated rule.
Foglights are illegal ......... DRLs are not. Most of the DRLs are brighter than olde-fashioned foglights, especially after the DRLs have been modified to use at night, which is illegal, but happens anyway.
I often turn on my parkers and foglights during the day and have never been chipped about it .......... yet.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Foglights are illegal ......... DRLs are not. Most of the DRLs are brighter than olde-fashioned foglights, especially after the DRLs have been modified to use at night, which is illegal, but happens anyway.
I often turn on my parkers and foglights during the day and have never been chipped about it .......... yet.
The foglights on my Redline have cut-offs in the housing so they don't dazzle oncoming traffic.
Not sure about pre MY12 VE's as they used H11 lamps, whereas MY12 changed to H10, they might have carried over to VF.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yep, but a rule is a rule. I’d rather just leave them off and not risk a fine. I’ve been pulled up twice for mine many years ago now but luckily on both occasions I was just given a warning and breatho then sent on my way.

Don’t really want to be pulled over by a god complex cop who didn’t get a root last night and cop a fine over something as trivial as driving lights.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There only aloud if there is fog. I'm yet to test mine in fog to even know how well they perform. I know they work as I had to test them when I replaced the bumper cover.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Spotties and light bars are plentiful around here. At one stage it was hard to spot a car without a light bar. Thankfully those days seem to have passed. You still get the clowns who think they need the light bar on to travel from home to the shop to buy bread and milk.