Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Halfcut's

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
how much ruffly would a front halfcut cost?
either vn or vp and must be a 304i motor.

just needing to set a ruff goal for saving and figger out how far away it will be

cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
what do you need front cut for arnt you just changing motors

V8 Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 / Toyota Hiace
Are you talking about the front cut with a engine conversion kit for a 5.0???
These engine conversions can cost upwards of $4000 to start with plus the front cut which I have no idea on a price for that.

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
is this going in a VL or something is it? half cut could cost anything really, depends where you go, wreckers or private, prob cheaper to buy a whole wreck from the wreckers or a from an insurance joint somethign smashed up and then use what you need or something like that.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
You don't need a halfcut really...

have a hunt on ebay, should be able to pick up 304ci + loom & ecu for <$1500. Or better yet hunt around caryards for some vn-vp economical writeoffs... doesn't have to be front end damage to take out a $2000 car...

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Are you talking about the front cut with a engine conversion kit for a 5.0???
These engine conversions can cost upwards of $4000 to start with plus the front cut which I have no idea on a price for that.

the half cut would contain all the parts needed for the conversion into a VL 6 so the price of this job is only that of the halfcut.
i will also be doing all the work, so there will be no labour cost aswell :D

well the reason for half cut is i need the k frame, cross member, power steering rack and a few other things.
so the half cut is the way i was thinking. some people want 200 plus for just for the k frame then all the extras stuff ontop will add up soon
in the long run a half cut would be cheaper possibly

yes ive also thought about writen off cars, might head to the auctions one day and see what they have up there

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
me and a mate bought a vq v8 for 1900 from the auction. it had an engine fire, but with two new wiring looms it would have been a goer. plus a few plastic bit..

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
i seen a immac vq statesman with front right damage pushin the guard and chassis in but no damage to the block go for 1400 obviously the k frame and strut would be bent and radiator might be broken as well as fan but this was immac so just goes to show pricing