Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front left door adjustment

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
About 4 months ago our VX went to the panel works after coming into contact with a roo and after collecting the repaired car and driving the 280 klms home I realise the front left door doesn't close properly after being removed and refitted.
Last week it went back to have 6 poorly fitted things corrected but they failed to correct the door fitting, unbloodybeleiveable anyway I've had enough and will try to correct the fitting myself.
My problem is our I can't see where the paints been broken at the doors lock striker screws so why wont the door close as easy as before, what could have been moved so that the door has to be shut really firmly to close.
Things that needed correcting: roof lining where it meets the windscreen fell down, new windscreen rubber too loose, paint slatter removed from left front seat, rattle in F/R door, left hand mirror was fitted without the electrics being connected, badly fitted F/R door, bonnet catch loose.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If the striker has been left as it was, then maybe they replaced door hinges which are welded in place, or maybe the door should be removed and the hinge repositioned (with a hammer believe it or not).
Example, if the gap is such that the door is low at the rear, then getting someone to hold the lock end of the door up while you strike the top hinge forward may raise the door, but depending on gap, it may be the lower hinge, which means removing the door.
Or maybe you have to do a slight adjust on the striker to stop the rattle.
Look closely at the door outer edge and see if there is any difference in the gap all round the door.
I'm thinking adjustment of the striker will solve the issue but without close up pics of the door gap, almost impossible to say.