Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Seat Plastic Trim Reinforcement

TheTeese

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Ute
Hi All,

Has anyone out there reinforced their Front Seat Plastic Trim before instalment... I am aware that Holden claim to have a modified plastic trim due to the fact that the OEM one breaks when you look at it however someone i know just bought the modified one and it still broke... I was hoping that someone bought the OEM trim and did a DIY modification that actually worked.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are you referring to the drivers side seat, side trim? And is it splitting along the top or snapping the mounting points?

TheTeese

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Ute
Are you referring to the drivers side seat, side trim? And is it splitting along the top or snapping the mounting points?
Thx Losh for replying,

Snapping at the mounting points..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The issue with these is not so much with the trim piece itself but the seat base, particularly the door side bolster and the base where they crack underneath. It places pressure on the side trim and they break. The fix is to get the seat foam rebuilt.

I just had mine done. I too have replaced a side trim with a gen unit and also have a spare.

icetechaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTSWAGON
The issue with these is not so much with the trim piece itself but the seat base, particularly the door side bolster and the base where they crack underneath. It places pressure on the side trim and they break. The fix is to get the seat foam rebuilt.

I just had mine done. I too have replaced a side trim with a gen unit and also have a spare.
@losh1971 what was the cost to get the foam rebuilt? My fat arse has distorted mine.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I provided a brand new backrest (these wear out too). The trimmer replaced about five panels of vinyl and rebuilt the seat base foam and charged me about $580 for the drivers seat.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I replaced the original broken item on my MY12 Redline in 2015, the replacement is still holding up even though everyone in the family uses it (fat and skinny butts).

TheTeese

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 Ute
Thx ALL,

I decided to buy a ebay one and when it arrives i will apply JB Weld with a screw or two with some 14 gauge angle on to the tabs and cross my fingers...

Cheers
AL

Reactions: Lex