Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front speaker wiring in VS

shooter18

shooter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Berlina
Hi, does anybody know the best way for running new wires to the front speakers or of any triks to make it easier

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Why? Whats happened to the originals? Probably start by removing the door trim, getting wire there for the speaker. Havent had a look, but you will need to thread the wires with the main loom from the door. Once you are back in the car, just go behind the dash anywhere back to the centre console.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
If you dont know how to remove the door trims do a few searches there is a couple of good threads on the topic.

Getting the wires from the speaker back through the door could a bit of a headache. Im not sure if all the wires going through the door are taped together or just fed through the protective rubber casing between the door and the car body (when the door opens you can see it. Its up near the top). If the wires are all free from each other or you can get the speaker one free, tape ya new wire to the end of the old one at the speaker end. Get hold of the speaker wire from within the car and pull it through and the new one should pull through with the old one!

Im not sure if this will work, someone will have to clear up whether the speaker wire is free to be pulled through without all the other ones wanting to come with it. I haven't done it myself so i dont really know what happens with all the wires in the door loom. I have just used this technique before to run new wires.

Good luck

shooter18

shooter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Berlina
the speaker wire going to the door is taped together with all the other wires so i cant pull it through

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
hmmm that is gonna make it a bit harder then!

If you dont get any replies here from people that know the easiest way to do it, maybe call a few of your local car audio shops and see if anyone will give you a few pointers.

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I just pulled out the grommet and ran it on the out side of it so the wire can be seen when door is open. then just pushed in the grommet again. a little black tape rapped around will give u back the black look. But i don't really car so i just left mine exposed.

I have had it like that for a few months now and the wires are fine.

This is the lazy and fast way to do it, but is effective and thats the result i was after.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
shooter18: i live in upwey. i can help if you want. pm me if you want help.

Clinster

Reaction score
Website
s2.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
I just pulled out the grommet and ran it on the out side of it so the wire can be seen when door is open. then just pushed in the grommet again. a little black tape rapped around will give u back the black look. But i don't really car so i just left mine exposed.

I have had it like that for a few months now and the wires are fine.

This is the lazy and fast way to do it, but is effective and thats the result i was after.

thats what i had to do to when i had a faulty wire.