Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front struts

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
I've had a slight clunk in what sounds like front left of the Monaro for a while now and, after its recent 190,000km service, was told it was probably a front strut making the noise internally. Haven't priced Holden yet but I can pick up factory replacements for $110 each off ebay. I want to keep the car fairly stock but thought I would ask here about alternatives and see what options come up.

H

harrop.senator

I love me some bilsteins and kyb agx. The factory ones will definitely be fine and an improvement over 200k ones.

I've got a knock over potholes and bumps , mine seems to be a nolathane strut top bush that's compressed.

Pushing it up and down the gap between the stop collar in the bay and the strut tower grows.

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Thanks for that, I'll have a look over it before I buy new ones anyway.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can also confirm the noise by putting your finger on the top of the strut and gently pushing the front of the car down. You will feel the knock through your finger. Take the black cap off and put your finger on the pin.

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Thanks, good tip, I'll try that too.