Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front suspension noise

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
only seems to happen when I'm turning that I can hear, bush's and bearings done 12 months ago only replacement rubber ones with new short body shocks, sway bar links (not bar bush's) already have nolethane but have been in a while, new rear springs lowered, shocks (short body), links, bar bush's, is it possible to be the bush and bearing (only done about 10,000k's on bush's) or the rack bush, LCA maybe, if its the strut tops, peoples opinions on nolthane, rubber, have heard about some others from superpro (not urethane or rubber) how much movement/flex can you see in the strut tops when turning while parked

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Can't comment on most of that but I went superpro urethane tops and wow, what a difference when I had the suspension aligned. If you are looking for tighter more accurate turn-in then yeah go for the full urethane.
But... I do heaps of km, and getting old, so this time round I'm getting the SuperPro middle 50/50 compound you mentioned. No physical problem with the way urethane performs just more transmission of noise over bumps gets annoying, especially when before with rubber it was civil, compliant, like a pillow between you and the elements. I miss that.
If there was a way to isolate the thuds and bumps I'd stick with urethane for sure.
How many km have you done to warrant doing all those bushes?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
car had done 195,000 klm when changed, second set of shocks, previously done at 100,000klm