Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front VS Door Speakers Quality?

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Half a VS q, half audio but here will do. I just put a set of splits in the front drivers side door of my VS and they are sounding a little out (basing out at low vol compared to stock speakers on passenger side). They are a decent kicker set so i have 2 suspicions, 1. that the vs stock wiring is crup but that should just mean they sound same as stock set not worse, or 2. that the VS has a stock filter for the standard door mid range and tweeter on dash that is messing around with the signals going to them (most likely). Does anyone know where this splitter is so i can disable it? (Or is it on the deck). I am currently using the stock deck (getting new one this week).

Thanks In Advance

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
There is no splitter involved with them (actually called a Crossover) did you make sure you that you installed the one that came with the speakers?

Also, the stock head unit is pretty bad and doesn't like aftermarket speakers because the stock speakers are very high efficeincy speakers so as such they don't develop low frequencies too wel. But they are louder then aftermarket speakers.

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I am definately using the crossover that came with the splits. A little fiddling with bass and treble controls on the stocko tape player poc have made a big improvement so it looks like the new deck should solve the problem. Looking foward to that.