Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Frustrating Check engine/running lean problem

ROTEX44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International Wagon
Hi All

Background
- I have a 2010 VE Commodore wagon that I have just bought that has the "check engine" notification coming on on start up.
- Had it back to the dealer I purchased it from, who in turn shipped it to a local Holden dealer to resolve.
- They've been trying to fix for a total of 9 days. I'm told the diagnostics say that its "running lean".
- I believe that its at a stage where they are swapping parts in a process of elimination.
- No progress despite duration in the workshop which is very frustrating. Most recent attempt to fix was to replace oxygen sensors?? (I think I heard that right??)

Questions:
1. Any thoughts on a fix?
2. What are the next steps to get to the bottom of this or questions I should be asking?
3. Are there "experts" beyond service departments of Holden dealerships that could look at this?

Any help appreciated.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Impossible to comment on diagnosis flowchart without knowing the code's that it's throwing precisely.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
get your car back off them before they charge you for something you don't need and doesn't fix the problem and take it to a tuner for a proper diagnosis

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
That's what happens after extractors and a tune normally when they haven't reset the perimeters in the ecu to suit the tune

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
my car does the check engine thing for 2 seconds on start up every time since i got it 2 years ago. i always thought it was normal for it to do that. never had a problem with it at all.

mtw002

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 Ute
I have an my 9.5 sidi v6. With an intermittent check engine light, after much research and with the help of a diagnostic tool it was shown to be a discrepancy between the AFM and the TPS.
So with a new AFM on the way it should resolve the problem,
It's a very common problem with the ve v6 engine.

Matt