Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fs: [vic] Vk Disc To Disc 3.23 Rear

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Chasing expressions of interest on this one before I yank it out.

Complete VK rear axle, disc-to-disc. Borg Warner 3.23 diff, no noise etc. Will swap straight in place of drum brake rear end.

Would be chasing at least $100 to make it worthwhile pulling out (will make the car a right bastard to remove one it's done!)

Cheers,
Chris.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
If no one gets it, how much for all the brake gear? I'm building up a borgy diff at the moment and I wanna put discs on it. I'd also be interested in the axles too...

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Be a bastard to post! How's the project coming along? Any other bits I could interest you in? They're only 25 spline axles too... wouldn't you be after 28s? :)

edit: this is what I did to the VK:

pwned.jpg

So... I went out and bought this:

wagon.jpg

:D

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
No probs mate.....spewin bout that carpet tho lol. Yeah the project is coming along slowly. Spent a fair bit of coin on it the last few weeks since getting another job. Got all new bushes for the a$$ end, new adjustable pan hard rod, new upper and lower trailing arms, bought a vk borgy wagon diff, an LSD, some gauges, new alternator and starter motor, and have paid for a new 5" tacho but still waiting for the company to get their next shipment, and also paid for a strut brace, just need to wait for january for repco to get another batch in. Next week I'm gonna order a rebuilt varajet to chuck on, then when I get my extractors back (they're sitting in the acid bath at a local engine builders workshop) I can hopefully get the motor running. The wiring still isn't done, but hopefully that won't take long as soon as I get off my bum.

I'm also trying to find someone to do the bodywork on the wags coz I'm not real good at it. But the guys that can do it are busy for a few months, and my aim is to have it registered by april 08. I might make a start and do my best on it, then just get the pro's to finish it off.

And that's about all there is to update at the moment :p

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Damn that sucks.....wats left on the vk that's good?

I've decided to stay with 25 spline gear coz I got a VK borg warner wagon diff. If I went with a 28 spline centre I would have to get either some VL turbo/5.0 or VN axles shortened to fit as the VK diff is a little narrower. So I've decided to stay with the 25 spline axles and I've won a 25 spline LSD off ebay which I should get this week sometime. It's just if I snap an axle I gotta track down spares from a VK with a borgy diff, as no others will fit.....but it's better doing that then having to get some VN axles shortened. Plus 25 spline gear should be fine for my wags coz it won't be making heaps of power....not yet anyways :p

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Ahaha spewin dude... I've got all brand new (1000 kms old tops) upper and lower arms, etc that I gotta sell now... argh!

Ahh well hopefully someone will buy them :)

Hey I've got a chrome air cleaner and a Unifilter to suit for the Varijet if you're keen...

bay.jpg

Covered in my greasy pawprints there, but it cleans up to a mirror shine :) In fact all the chrome gear there is up for grabs if you're interested in any :)