Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FS: VS Ecotec Cam/Chip package

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
I have for sale a brand new regrind cam and chip package to suit a VS V6 auto.

The cam is from Surecam and the profile is their High Performance Street cam, which has 221deg. duration @50thou, and 280thou lobe lift, with 110lsa.

The chip is to suit this cam and is from Chiptorque.

Since it is a regrind, and there has been a little meat taken off the base circle of the lobes, I've also got a set of 50thou longer pushrods to go with it too. These are Manley chromoly race pushrods, 7.100" length, 5/16 diameter with 80thou wall thickness.

I've had the same profile cam fitted to my engine, and made a best of 141rwkw with standard heads, and just extractors and 2.5in exhaust. Also ran a best of [email protected] with this combo, with shift kit, and single spinner 3.08 diff.

Its recommended that a heavy duty timing chain and valve spring upgrade be done when fitting.

Will not seperate the cam/chip/pushrod set.
$600 for the lot.
Remember this is a brand new cam (regrind), the chip has been used before as have the pushrods, however they only saw about 1500kms in the engine.

Can supply dyno sheet if you like, as well as time slip for proof of performance.

Either PM me or call 0418 225 044. I'm located near Frankston, Vic.

Last edited:

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
Mate if i only had the money i wouldn't even think twice :mad:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
if it was a manual my mate would probly be interested

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
The chip might actually suit a manual too. I know they run the same eprom, but not sure if the inner code of the chip is the same between the two. I'll find out for ya and get back to ya...

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the auto chip wont work in a manual but i can probably convert it to a manual tune if needed.

Rob

pandacav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 3.8 manual
how would this go in a manual vs ute and what else would i have 2 do 2 the motor. i live in sydney so how can we orginise pay & postage. Would this be better than a crs kit sorry about all the questions.
cheers andrew

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
Well in my auto VS it put out 141rwkw, which from what I know is more than a CRS kit :) This was with only extractors, twin cats, single 2.5in exhaust and 68mm ported throttle body.
I know it would be heaps better in a manual, as I had a standard stally and was a little boggy down low (ie. under 2000rpm), but in a manual it would be great.
To fit the cam it would be recommended to also replace the timing chain and valve springs. Thats all I had done, and it was fine.
Payment can be done via cash transfer into my account, and postage would, at a guesstimate, be around $20 - $30 for registered post to Sydney. Would get a proper figure before sending of course...

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
Price drop to $550 firm. Remember this is a brand new cam.

pandacav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 3.8 manual
how much would be the timming chain and valve springs and is COD cool.

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
I paid around $350 for valvesprings and timing chain from Crow. Not sure about COD, I would prefer direct deposit, but if you're really interested i'll chase up COD and see.