Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel consump. problem

Coxy_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
hey all !!
long time browser first time poster. Awesome site here, has helped with alot of things since i still no very little about my car.
Im hoping someone can help me with my bad fuel consumption problem, i got late 96 VS s2 exec, and from a full tank i only get just over 300km driving carefully, alot less if i accelerate hard, and drive fast. Car is serviced regularly, but on the last one they said i needed a new idle pulley, could this be the cause of the problem? if not any ideas of things i should check would be much appreciated, given the **** fuel prices and all.

T

the victor

i get about the same a you 15l/100km
i,ve got genie extrators and high flow exaust
i installed a splitfire dyi performance kit,plugs (guaranteed 100000 km) leads ands cleanable high flow air filter
(go to the threads on the 22/7/02 called how much is a cai worth and my thread same date re fuel consumption)
i got fuel consump down to 14l/100
there,s some new thing from vaparate.com
they claim to get you down to about 12.5l/100k
my mate is getting them installed tommorrow
i,ll let him be the guinea pig before i get them

Coxy_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
thanx for the reply. i read about that vaperate thing a while ago looks alright, might have to look into it further.
Also i was at holden today and i mentioned it to someone there and they said my O2 sensor might be off. im gonna take it back friday and get them to do some test with their computer, ill let u no if they find anything.

T

the victor

yeah o2 sensors could be a problem for fuel consumption
i did a error code test they passed on mine let me

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
How much are these Vaporate things? They sound interesting and im willing to buy them if they are priced right.

H

heatersarecool

300k a tank out of a vs? that aint right at all... it most likely is your 02 sensor, try resetting your ECU.... theres a guide floating around on these forums somewhere

T

the victor

vaporate
$300 at repco
wait till my mate install his and see the result first

C

ccassie

There was a question a couple of days ago about the Hiclone and Hako posted the following

Before you buy any "fuel saving device" I suggest you check this site out:
http://www.fuelsaving.info/debunk.htm
The Hiclone is marketed in different countries under different names like Tornado in the US. Even back in the 50's when I was a schoolkid they were selling very similar devices and making similar claims. Remember there's a sucker born every day.

Now I have checked out the site in question above, and there is a section on atomisation which from what I have checked out so far appears to be what this product is doing.

I would love to see the tests they have on the website repeated a second time with their product removed, to prove that their product is the only change responsible for the improvments.

However the data they have there show's significant reduction in NOX emmissions however is very good to see and any reduction in emmissions of CO2 are great for the environment giving that CO2 is one of the "Greenhouse Gases"

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
how do u reset the ECU

LeFtBehinD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Esteem SII
Ive just got back from getting my car serviced 2day where I had both o2 sensors replaced as well as resetting the ECU. Before the service i was using around 14L/100k so im hoping that will go down by 1-2L.