Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption Commodore Executive VZ Auto

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Once you strap turbos to any car they become fuel guzzlers ... Hence why all imports are shithouse on fuel

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
I was in te same spot as you about 3 months ago. Tossing up between a ve commodore and a liberty. Went the ve just cause the subaru had a dead spot in it and it's only 4speed. Other then that the subaru was decent. Services more expensive for the Subaru and a touch harder to work on due to horizontal opposed 4. Subaru uses less fuel. Commodore rego more and insurance more.

Safety wise almost the same. Space wise commodore.

Pros and cons on both. Not just the fuel. Sit down and write a list of pros and cons for both the decide.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
No. 2010 impezza.

Must have been something wrong with it.
I've had a couple of Libertys (autos, no turbo) and they've consistently given around 8.9 L/100k in combined city / highway driving.

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Yeah apparently the SV6 is bad for fuel economy but come the hell on. I have been driving around so nicely lately seeing if I can drop it an it want his my driving but it insists on a minim 14.5L.

Obviously you want to make sure everything mechanically is all good including tyre pressures and what not... but that aside, it does depend a lot on driving style and the type of driving you are doing. Some people's "city" driving is very different from others, so when people post up results that seem heaps low... they are probably driving along 70km/h roads with no traffic or lights.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
OP has gone quiet. Must be on the Subaru forum.:rice:

essveesux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2004
Hey all, I need some advice hope you could help. I was thinking of buying 2006 Commodore Executive 3.6 VZ auto. It's going to be my first holden. Some of my friends including my dad doesn't want me to buy the car due to the fact that it cost more to run compared to a 1.8-2.0L engine.

My second option is Subaru Liberty 2.0L sedan. Could someone here give me some sample computations on how much the difference would be in terms of Petrol cost between two cars driving both city and highway.

I was thinking by comparing the two maybe the difference is not that huge that its bugger all. and go ahead with Holden.

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate your help.

i dont know if someones already said this but i cbf checking all the comments so ill say it anyways.

I have a vz sv6 3.6L v6 and my mate has a 98 subaru liberty 2.5L boxxer 4
His car is pretty good on petrol on average. he would spend $40-$60 for a full tank on 98 petrol. Its good in sydney traffic doesnt burn through petrol unlike commodores. i just filled up my commo today spent 75$ for a 3/4 of a tank. petrol was expesnive though $1.61 per/L for 95 (cuz im struggling with money atm i usually put in 98) the commo burns through petrol in sydney traffic averaging 30-40kmph. but on highway its great it will go for ages without having to fill up. Unlike the subaru it will burn through petrol sitting on high revs on the highway. so depends what sort of driving you would be doing. if you are averaging 30-40kmph in traffic and stuff go for a 4cylinder (wish i got a subi.. still love my sv6 though) but if you are doing a lot of highway then go for a commodore. depends on your financial status or which one you like the most really.

goodluck with the buy hope this helped :)

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
This is ####ed.... I pulled the fuel tank put from under the car have replaced the sender and return hoses from fuel tank/filter. Replace the T pieces everything and look what I am getting. Yeah I mean I thrash it, but it's a V6..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345215161.609480.jpg