Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel consumption problem

MRVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000
Hi all recently I posted that my fuel burns every 3 days so I was told my oxygen sensors were in need of replacement, Just wanted to know if theres any way to test my original ones before I fork out 180 bucks for some genuine ones. Does anyone in melb have a tech 2 they can test my car to see if there working ok???? Would be great...

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
buy them off ebay, heaps cheaper, they are really a consumable part anyway.

AFAIK it is not if they are working or not, just that they become inaccurate over time.

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
Hi all recently I posted that my fuel burns every 3 days so I was told my oxygen sensors were in need of replacement, Just wanted to know if theres any way to test my original ones before I fork out 180 bucks for some genuine ones. Does anyone in melb have a tech 2 they can test my car to see if there working ok???? Would be great...

It's a long time since I researched this but as I recall, to test O2 sensors you would need to heat them and use an ohm meter to check the voltage. Google it to be sure. Agree with Towcar. Serviceable item. Get a pair off Ebay.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Don't bother having them tested just replace them. Ours was using too much fuel and as soon as the new NTK sensors were fitted the fuel consumption return to normal. A pain in the bum to replace but well worth the swearing, both of ours was like as if they were glued in. I can't remember what I paid for the pair but I'm thinking maybe the $180.00 figure for 2.

Attachments

• Oxygen Sensors.jpg
    Oxygen Sensors.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 74
D

devilly

yes there's a program and you can see the information on your laptop :)