Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel consumption

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
is this good or bad for auto vz executive

Attachments

• 73ACD254-5F11-4CD1-AC7B-6FABA6774361.jpeg
    73ACD254-5F11-4CD1-AC7B-6FABA6774361.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 140

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
That’s mostly highway to and from bathurst and orange
Ok I don’t understand how to read it
Just I’ve noticed it feels to me like it uses more fuel than normal lately so that way I thaught I’d ask if that was good or bad I’m happy that it’s good then thanks I got it sitting on 9.7/100km today

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
That's good mate, although the holden trip computers tend to be unreliable. You can use maths to work it out though

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I do a massive amount of highway driving and iv regularly seen mine at 9.5 to 9 L/100km but have also seen it as low as 8.6 L/100kms. I have cruise control set when ever im on the highway.

Last edited:

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
If you have to set cruise at 115km/h because your speedo is overreading by that amount (looks like 4.5%) then your actual fuel economy isn't that.

If you know the distance covered and know the amount of fuel you put in the tank last time (because you just filled it up at the bowser) then you can calculate it.

hallb82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
If you have to set cruise at 115km/h because your speedo is overreading by that amount (looks like 4.5%) then your actual fuel economy isn't that.

If you know the distance covered and know the amount of fuel you put in the tank last time (because you just filled it up at the bowser) then you can calculate it.

Iv used a GPS to check my speed and its pretty well bang on. Iv got no reason to believe the numbers my car is telling me are wrong until proven otherwise. Around town is a different story. it goes up into the 10's.

Ill give the calculations a crack though and see what that comes up with

Last edited:

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I probably shouldn't say this but i dont have my speed set higher because its overreading/inaccurate i just like to get there a little faster lol.
I have cruise control set to 115kmph when ever im on the highway.

5km/h is just enough to get you pinged. Yes, you should not have written either of those comments on a public forum, John Smith

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
That's on the high side for 60kmph average speed. Depends on your driving style though and state of mechanical repair.