Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Hi ppls...

Just wanna get a lil survey of numbers...

My VY V6 does an AVG speed of about 50km/h and the consumption is about 12-13L/100km

Does this sound aight? I'm not too sure...

So if ya'll could help me out, just post up your AVG speed and consumption so I can see what I'm getting is about right... thanks alot :)

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Hey mate, i have a VT and i return around 10L per 100kms. Average driving style flooring it now and than and just coasting around in the 50-60zones. 12-13 doesnt sound too bad for an automatic with an average of 50

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I guess...

Well, thanks... thats cool... puts my mind at ease a lil... was worried there was something up with my car.. but then again, I've always felt my VS has more grunt and power than my VY... :(

I miss my baby...

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Yeh mate the VS would feel a bit quicker due to the extra weight that your VY is lugging around would be a few hundred kgs. Try running your car on premium unleaded, (98OC) c if that heaps if your not already, but dont expect instant results give it a few tanks worth.

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Cool cool... thanks... will try it out next time i fill up... :)

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Hi ppls...

My VY V6 does an AVG speed of about 50km/h and the consumption is about 12-13L/100km

So if ya'll could help me out, just post up your AVG speed and consumption so I can see what I'm getting is about right... thanks alot :)
I assume your average is via the trip computer?
For your consumption value to be compared against your average, it really depends on how that average was achieved. If its cruising at 50kmh, then 12-13l/100km is lousy. If its having to pull up every 2km on a 100kmh road, then its reasonable. Number of cold starts is a factor too, your consumption is up to 50% greater in the 1st couple of kms.

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon

SS_ute

Two Steps Ahead
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
i get around the 13L/100kms crusing around town in a big single turbo vy ss ute. but when the pedal is squeezed say goodbye to it very quickly

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport
Hi ppls...

mate, looks a bit high....i get about 12.5 - 13.5ltr/100km around town on zones of 50, 70 & 80km/h...oh, mine's a clubby....on the open road she gets down to 9.3ltr/100km....