Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel economy questions

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Leathal, a ute tank is 64 litres compared to a sedan that can have up to 80, or a wagon that has 68. People who get 700 a tank definately have larger tanks than your ute.

Also, standard diffs and auto's go 1000rpm for every 55kph in top gear. So at 100 you should be sitting on approx 1900, but exactly 2000 on 110, depending on the condition of the auto box and your diff gears.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
this makes me sad seeing all these buicks getting better economy than my ecotec :( , atleast mine goes fast :p

LeaThaL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 1 sedan
apart from my mates supercharged one, ive never felt a fast ecotech, i just cant stand them :p

just a qurious question, if the harmonic ballancer is out would this cause fuel issues also?

im only asking as when i got the car she had a severe engine shake when on idle or comming to a stop (so basicly idle), the gearbox mount has seen better days but its not broken, and when off i cant move the motor by hand like i could when i tore the mounts on the 1j,

that and the ballancer has "VS COMMODORE" written on it in white pen so it HAS been replaced and might be just off ballance altho the shaking has gotten alot better since yesterday when i reset the computer, but the ****in shitty E10 thats in there is causing it to miss so ill have to clean that out, i hate it when thats all you can get, the assholes! :p

cheers