Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
Well...just done a service on my clubby and went to look for the fuel filter but couldn't find it,so off to google and found it ....it's in the tank!!:doh: now I'm all for changing the filter but to pull the pump out of the tank I'm now feeling not to keen....but I want it done!!

My ??? is,who has done it themselves and how long and difficult was it?

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
They are good for 200,000km before they need changing I haven't done one yet but when u do change it you will have to change the o ring that holds the unit in the tank

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Exhaust off
Tailshaft Off
Drop the Tank

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
have a look under the rear seat on the drivers side if there is a removable round plate there then just brake the sealer around it and then u will see the pump, then unplug loom and fuel hose then just get a hammer and punch and turn the locking nut on the pump assembly, them it pops out watch for the sender arm and there is a pipe fitted to the bottom just unclip that once out, them dismantle the pump module to get to the filter, mine was all black after 30k so worth a check, also if u don't have the opening under the seat then u have to drop the tank... to get the seat out just pull up on the front and it will un clip

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
THanks all :spot on: just the info I needed...

I've seen a manual type drawing of the pump an tank and was under the impression it was accessed through the back seat aswell??
but if I have ta drop the tailshaft an exhaust,then that really turns it into a lengthy job(3 or 4 beers)...