Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter

plazma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Hello, first post. Been looking for info on changing the fuel filter in my VY SS Ute, have found more than enough info on VT's, VZ's and VN's but nothing on VY's (and yes I have been to the FAQ's on this forum).

Can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is, if it under the bonnet or near the diff?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
It is near the diff on the drivers side, if you take off the back drivers side wheel you can see it. there is a special tool you can get to undo the clips that hold the hoses onto the filter but i managed to get mine undone by just sliding the hoses off being as they hadnt been installed correctly from factory.

before you start to remove your old one, remove the fuse for your fuel pump and then try starting your car until it cutts out from lack of fuel.

plazma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Cheers for the info mate :)

plazma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
well that was nice an easy, those little clips dont want to come off easy with just your fingers to push them in but I got the buggers.

Thanks for the advice, the ute feeling better thanks to you :)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if you have the car running when you remove the f/pump relay particularly at operating temp, you can almost blow on the clips to remove the filter from the fittings, but that comes with experience, in saying that some can still be a pain in the butt

attila john

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz crewman ss thunder
hello, anyone out there that know where the fuel filter is on the vz ss crewman thunder????
i cant find the thing...