Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filtration System

dmo89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Executive S1 Commodore
Hey,

I was over in the land of the kiwi's this time last year and met a bloke who owned a very nice n clean vs ss in pantha black.

It was an auto and a v8, he mentioned upgrading the fuel filter filtration system and would easierly get over 600kms per tank.

Im avg'ing about 7-9L/100km highway and about 12-14L/100km city which is normal as ive compared to other mates who own vr/vs's. I also checked on redbook.

Anyone heard or know of such a system? apparently it cleaned the fuel alot better n thus improving kms per tank also all he had to do was change the fuel filter every service

Dmo89

Jarryd F

Reaction score
Members Ride
S13 Silvia, VR S2 Exec, VX equpe, VE omega
Usually the fuel you put in is pretty clean so filtering it any more than what the standard filter does wont do much. Replacing the fuel filter and running some injector cleaner in the tank will give it a little bit more power/response and might increase the fuel economy slightly. But what you're getting is quite normal as you said.

gem05

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO RIDE AT THE MOMENT
Use Premium fuel it will get you further and make the car go better

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
All I can say is don't believe everything people tell you....but I guess you know this otherwise you would not have posted. As always a bit of truth and a bit of exaggeration.

dmo89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Executive S1 Commodore
thanks guys, yeah hako i do know that but i thought i'd stratch some minds seeing if there was a possibility of it, he probably just put the 85L drop tank in n not tell anyone, seems the most logical to me to get that amount of km's from a v8.

but its the old POWER vs EFFICIENCY can have one but not the other.

hence why we love our V6's n V8's, because Power is more fun.