Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel flap release cable replacement and rear middle seatbelt

subwars

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy exec
Hey guys, after any advice, need to replace the fuel release cable. The latch that holds the door shut isn't springing back. found this one on ebay
Holden Commodore Wagon VY VZ Fuel Petrol Flap Release Cable | eBay
Should be what i need I'm guessing. how involved is swapping it out, getting it all the way up to the leaver at the front of the car.

Also the rear middle seat belt doesn't retract. I believe it's pretty straight forward to get the back seat out to access it, couple bolts on the side and just clips out?
I'm hoping it's just caught in someway and can fix it. $150 for a new one. saw some cheaper 2nd hand ones, but yea not sure if i want to go there.

BROOKSBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV
With the rear middle seat belt i would check and clean it out. Sometimes dust and lint builds up causing it not to retract. I find using a compressed air can is the best way to clean the stuff out of it
Cheaper than replacing the seat belt as well

subwars

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy exec
With the rear middle seat belt i would check and clean it out. Sometimes dust and lint builds up causing it not to retract. I find using a compressed air can is the best way to clean the stuff out of it
Cheaper than replacing the seat belt as well

yea defiantly hoping it's just a case of caught up in something, or crap in it. I've got an air compressor, so blowing it out won't be a problem. got any tips on getting to it easy?