Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Gauge Error

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
Hi All,

I have searched this and whilst there is plenty documented on this topic I couldn't find my fault.

I have a 2006 VZ Wagon V6, have the fuel Gauge error contact dealer fault message.. Where everything I did read everyone's seems to be a fault where the vehicle won't run and the ECU seems to be the common suggested fault.

My Fault is the message and doesn't effect the running of the vehicle? I should have some spare parts tomorrow and that will include a near new ECU!! should I start here or maybe somewhere else?

Will have a spare vehicle so can change almost anything out.

Cheers

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hi All,

I have searched this and whilst there is plenty documented on this topic I couldn't find my fault.

I have a 2006 VZ Wagon V6, have the fuel Gauge error contact dealer fault message.. Where everything I did read everyone's seems to be a fault where the vehicle won't run and the ECU seems to be the common suggested fault.

My Fault is the message and doesn't effect the running of the vehicle? I should have some spare parts tomorrow and that will include a near new ECU!! should I start here or maybe somewhere else?

Will have a spare vehicle so can change almost anything out.

Cheers
If you hold the Mode+Set buttons and turn the ignition on, this will up up the engineer menu.

In that menu, you can scroll to a screen that says "Fuel ohms" or "Petrol Ohms". Usually this will be between 45-250ohms, see what that reads first. Also go for a drive and see if that changes at all, even try fill the tank to see if that changes.

Want to eliminate it being the fuel sender before going any further.

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
If you hold the Mode+Set buttons and turn the ignition on, this will up up the engineer menu.

In that menu, you can scroll to a screen that says "Fuel ohms" or "Petrol Ohms". Usually this will be between 45-250ohms, see what that reads first. Also go for a drive and see if that changes at all, even try fill the tank to see if that changes.

Want to eliminate it being the fuel sender before going any further.

Cheers Mate!!!!!!!! will have a look when the wife gets home tonight!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep check sender first its a wearing part and is usually at fault

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
I just went into the engineering mode on the cluster and I can't get any ohms readings at all? what I do get is Fuel Tank Level 0/ Fuel Data Error and Trouble code and lots of 0000000000 with the last 6 numbers being 100000?

Guessing it might be a fuel sender issue?
Cheers

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I just went into the engineering mode on the cluster and I can't get any ohms readings at all? what I do get is Fuel Tank Level 0/ Fuel Data Error and Trouble code and lots of 0000000000 with the last 6 numbers being 100000?

Guessing it might be a fuel sender issue?
Cheers
Fuel data error, so it must be out of range.

would 'guess' fuel sender issue?

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
Fuel data error, so it must be out of range.

would 'guess' fuel sender issue?

Is it possible to change this without taking the tank out? and anything specific I should know before starting?

Thanks Heaps for the help!

sidecar55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1 9.5 Sportwagon/VE SS Series 2 Ute
Tank out. Be really careful with the fuel line connections when removing.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
to release fuel line fittings just push line in then push in tabs on each side then pull out and they should come off, if they are dirty the tabs may not push in enough so can take a bit sometimes, also one will hold pressure so it will spray everywhere when released