Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel gauge help

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Had a similar problem a few years ago when i had a VX . When i pulled the fuel pump out to replace it, i checked the float hight as per the specs . With the pump sitting on a flat surface there should be a gap of 20mm ( i think from memory ) between the bottom of the float and the bottom of the pump . Mine was about 30 mm hence the false reading .

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
So be looking at the thread you started about clusters years ago, the serial number of my cluster isn't matching with my VIN. I've got no idea why you would change a cluster from an ss to another from an ss, I hope this wasn't done to bring the km down.....

Is yours a three window cluster? Only reason I would ever consider changing cluster would be to go for a 3 window version. $1000 to fix the sender, yea no thanks.

If it is a ute cluster, can they be re-programmed for 75l tank?

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Is yours a three window cluster? Only reason I would ever consider changing cluster would be to go for a 3 window version. $1000 to fix the sender, yea no thanks.

If it is a ute cluster, can they be re-programmed for 75l tank?

No it's the standard SS single window red cluster. It's got me stumped.... Only thing I can think of is maybe if it was a mail order type tune it could came from a ute? But would this affect the cluster?

I've found a guy who can come to work and reprogram it for $70.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
So be looking at the thread you started about clusters years ago, the serial number of my cluster isn't matching with my VIN. I've got no idea why you would change a cluster from an ss to another from an ss, I hope this wasn't done to bring the km down.....

... from SS to another SS.. most likely is the reason..

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I've had it since around Christmas mate. That's bloody weird then.....

It has been tuned so I was told, I'm not sure by who tho. Maybe they flashed a tune from a ute?

Also the sender was showing 102 Omhs

Hmm.. that should be around the 50ohm mark.. not 100 when full.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Only thing I can think of is maybe if it was a mail order type tune it could came from a ute? But would this affect the cluster?

Yea I wouldn't think so. And you stated that you already check the VIN with cluster and it has definitely been changed, I just don't understand why you would change a cluster... Is it still green lit? I.e. they haven't bought one with white LEDs etc to recolour the cluster?

I've found a guy who can come to work and reprogram it for $70.

That's not so bad actually... If he can fix the issue