Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel guage out

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I was told holden changed the fuel pumps for Series 1 to series 2. And they call that a fix:p. It's just the complete unit as one.

235rwkw

Reaction score
you could adjust it manually.

take pump out and bend the float arm up a little, don't go too far.

setup is like a loo float

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
At the moment that is how i read my fuel on the trip.. And a plus for holden is the trips accuracy. I used 56.95 liters And filled it with almost the same amount. Only reason it wasn't the same was i filled up to the $.

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
I have been told that they have a 100km reserve and that the computer works that out depending upon average usage. is this true?

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
well my chime comes on at 60 km to go (vt series 1 berlina) and after 10ks it reads 30 km to go then drops rapidly after that

harryjan

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt ss commodore
dont worry about it mate, i have a 98 vt ss with the same problem, after about 100k+ it kicks in again, not worth the $400 to fix it.

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
wellim a bit out of funds before payday on thurs and i watched my gauge and the DTE go to 0. then did another 30ks. but its funny cause i went into the ALT mode and it was showing that there was fuel sloshing round in there cause i would say anything from 0L ti 25L depending on corner and brake etc. just wondering if running it that low might reset it a lil bit

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Same here in the VX, the missus wasn't too happy when she ran out of fuel!! lol.

Anyone have a price on a new pump/sender? Do you have to buy it as one or can you buy them separately?