Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel issues

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
ULP pipes are black........if people are not happy with what the Holden Engineers say then have an arguement with British Petroleum if you like as they just make the stuff (so what would they know). BP info attached (LRP has now gone)

Attachments

• BPFuels_PET2002.doc
    61 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

BNGRANT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0l ute
ok,, Diagnostoc tool turned up this arvo,, Anyway first thing i notive is that timed to +20deg.. not the -10deg BTDC.will run it further and better test on way to work tonight.. But no fault codes at all...

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok,, Diagnostoc tool turned up this arvo,, Anyway first thing i notive is that timed to +20deg.. not the -10deg BTDC.will run it further and better test on way to work tonight.. But no fault codes at all...

ummmm...you need to do timing on a V8 in diagnostic mode by bridging the terminals under the dash (do a search) to see what the BASE TIMING is and use an old fashioned timing light on the harmonic balancer triggered from number 1 lead.

BNGRANT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0l ute
have been driving around all day yesterday, the O2 sensor is going from 77 to 1500mva? in tunerpro going from orange to red. only in the blue while idling. looks like i will replace that today with a bosch(note to self, GET THE BETTER ONES you idiot).

Also going to look at what injectors are in it along to see if its been chipped with a cheap ebay thing.
Have got a set of bluetop 777's in the garage and also 973's. What ones would be better? thanks all,

BNGRANT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0l ute
I am now leaning toward the injectors after doing the easier stuff now, I decided to get new plugs, O2sensor and replace them again. in a month they are all covered in black soot. So now am down to injectors.. thanks for your input on this..was greatly appreciated..

BNGRANT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0l ute
no bloody way, she is a god damn leadfoot. had 1 point on her licence for the past 5years. and that was in an old lancer..

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I am now leaning toward the injectors after doing the easier stuff now, I decided to get new plugs, O2sensor and replace them again. in a month they are all covered in black soot. So now am down to injectors.. thanks for your input on this..was greatly appreciated..

Ive been running these injectors shown in the link below in my VSV6 for the last 9 months or so now, and so far theyve been excellent. Well worth it I reckon. Theres no power loss ar anything like that (as they are a cheapo brand of course), they actaully run better than the remanufactured/reconditioned genuine injectors that Ive checked out. The car starts better, runs better and is better on fuel. They probably wont last as long as the more expensive bosch brand injectors etc, but for that price, if I can get 3 years out of them,then I will be happy with that, and I will just buy more of these again when that time comes. I reckon Id have nearly saved what they cost just in the fuel savings Ive got from them. They only took a couple of days to get to me and by post,and they came fitted with new O rings. The local fuel injection places around my area wanted around $150 to fully reco my old injectors, and there were some available for around $100 on ebay, so I reckon for around $160, these brand new ones are definitely a bargain.

HOLDEN COMMODORE NEW FUEL INJECTORS VN VP VR VS VT VX VU VY 6 CYL ALL MODELS | eBay[

Last edited:

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some data is confusing. Good luck with your fix.
PM sent

Last edited:

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Just a note on ohm tests, I have tested 3 month old ebay sensors which have tested fine but fault in service, if in doubt change the sensor.

BNGRANT_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0l ute
Ok so I changed the O2 sensor and also the plugs, along with the fuel lines under the bonnet, found the return line hose perished to the core, Since then no smell. But now i have encountered a few other issues. Idles slightly rough sometimes, also noticed that it idles around the 800mark at one set of lights then the next it will be 1200 or thereabouts.. Also pulled the injectors out and primed the system(all rails and hoses attached) and 1 of the injectors were leaking. Also found them to be 901injectors instead of the standard 960's(why i dont know). Am now thinking of Ignition module? Coil? or Worn Rotor button? anyone have any thoughts. also may check to see if its got one of them cheap ebay memcals(just incase).. Again thanks to everyone for your inputs and thoughts on this..