Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel light

akazie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Just wondering if the light on the dash flashes or if it beeps just before it runs out of petrol?

I'm having problems with my fuel gauge and it runs out when I get have around a quarter of a tank left yet the light doesn't flash and there is no beeping to warn me.

Should I be getting a warning?

Btw, does anyone know where I can get a copy of a VS owners manual, the one you get when you buy the car.

TIA.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Should be a light and a chime.

I might have a spare vs manual, I'll have a look.
Also look at ebay and holden

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i believe the light comes on when theres 8-10 litres of fuel left. mine used to be perfect, until i had to replace the sender, and ever since then its been a bit off, the light will come on when shes almost bone dry. need to adjust the float, but its just hard to remove sender, adjust, reinstall, check, remove, adjust again, reinstall.. i know how many kms i get from a tank, and use the gauge more as a guide.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Are you talking about a VS (your profile shows a VS). If youre talking about a VR they dont have the fuel light hooked up, there is no bulb there and no warning chime (not the low and mid series anyway). When you go to start the car all the lights should come up as a bit of a self test. Is the fuel light coming on when all the others are?

akazie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Are you talking about a VS (your profile shows a VS). If youre talking about a VR they dont have the fuel light hooked up, there is no bulb there and no warning chime (not the low and mid series anyway). When you go to start the car all the lights should come up as a bit of a self test. Is the fuel light coming on when all the others are?

Yeah I have a VS and the light does come on when I first start the car.

But the light or the chime doesn't seem to work and my float or gauge is wrong and I run out when it's around a quarter left.

Would it be the sender unit or the cluster?

Thanks all.

johnnyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF V6 Falcon

I've got a Series 2 VR and I've had the warning light and chime go off many a time :p

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I've got a Series 2 VR and I've had the warning light and chime go off many a time :p

I've got a Series 2 VR and the warning light is not hooked up. I have an acclaim which I assume is a mid series, I assume you may have a high series, which may be why its included (as mentioned)?

VRV6BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
S1 VR V6 BT1
I have a series 1 VR 94, I've had the cluster out recently to replace the odo cog and noticed all the bits r there to accomodate the fuel light, just no bulb and a lil white paper sticker over the hole, my question is can I just put the buld in? I know I won't get a chime, but will the fuel light work?