Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Line Magnets

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I found where I once read about the brilliant polarizer

http://209.51.140.252/~calais/viewarticle/...065958828744d3b

It's an old page but the information is still there.

Jake

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Damn right thats an old page. Suprised that information is still there, everything else is gone.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I had one of those on a leaded magna and ran unleaded through it. Car still went, but I would only get 30kw out of it on unleaded, as opposed to the 40 I would get on leaded, so I kept using leaded. But its gone now, I think the guy who has it now is running unleaded in it. It was a Prozone Fuelsaver, and they give you a 150,000k warrenty on engine wear.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
that is often how they work now that you mention it. they choke the fuel supply, which can give fuel savings.

bad benny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Hyclone is a clasic.

Engineers spend heaps of time and money on makeing an intake system work most efficiently. Then people think sticking something in it is going to improve economy. It could only have the opposite effect.

Bad Benny

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
I was at a car show a year ago when I saw a guy selling these magnets you clip on the fuel line. I walked over and picked one up to examine it. I then asked him if they work, to which he replyed "Im not even going to answer that question." Obviously expecting the young boy in front of him to either take that as a yes or walk away. Did he get a fright when I eyeballed him and said "Its a crime to make false claims about your product you know" before tossing the magnet into the air (so it would land on the stand again) and walking off. Two of my mates that were with me at the time saved there laughter till when we were out of an earshot, but one told me the guy behind the stand briefly went as white as a sheet!

Well the debate will rage on, but i think its a load of crap.

Mike

5N!P3R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I think most of you are looking aside of the actual trickery of the Hiclone, see the Hiclone actually does work, but it only makes an improvement on vehicles that have restrictive air flows, paper air filters OR a vehicle that has a fault in the computer or similar. You could say the Hiclone can be used as a "Patch" for the problem, but its not worth the money. Hiclones also lose their effect in Computer controlled engines as the sensors pickup and adjust to the change. So end result being, its an obsolete product, especially if you have a car that has a high flow air filter or basically is setup for performance. I think that is why they try to sell high flow air filters and magnetic fuel devices with the hiclone, so you don't actually realise how useless the hiclone is by itself. Same with their claim of it creating cleaner combustion, fuel injected motors run extremely clean these days even over 100,000kms they are still clean inside, provided there are no faults.

And if anyone says that car manufacturers spend endless time and dollars into getting the best performance out of their cars, BS!!! if that was the case, they would not put restrictive exhaust systems on the car and restrictive paper air filters in the cars. See they like to get the best out of a car, but with cheap parts!

Don't get me wrong I drive a Holden and like them a lot, but I have to turn a blind eye on all their BS, and it spreads to all corners of everything they do and sell, right down to charging nearly $10 for a tiny bulb or a storage compartment catch, which holds the flap up $13 for a tiny piece of plastic that has virtually nothing in it. I went to holden to buy a replacement, when he heard what I was after, he goes: Yeah, sell hundreds of em. I bet they do, and I bet they made it to last! Well anyhow I pulled the thing apart myself and fixed it.

When it comes to the magnetised fuel devices, I haven't researched this extensively yet, but It would make sense for it to work, though don't take my word on this one, even if the figures aren't quite so high as they claim. Fuel does go off or get stale, which is why you never leave a car sitting for too long. I'd say it would make more of a difference in your car if you don't go through a tank of fuel every week. Though you have to consider, does anyone actually test the quality/age of petrol from the pump? I doubt it, and it would only be beneficial for fuel companies to serve out stale fuel so you come back all the quicker, and you know what those companies do to stay in business. Basically if you think any company is doing the right thing by you, your just a silly sheep in this money run world.